Dell Axim and chargers/sync cables - Handheld

This is a discussion on Dell Axim and chargers/sync cables - Handheld ; I'm thinking of getting an Axim x50. And I can't quite make good sense of the cable issue. I want to be able to dock it at work, and at home, be able to use it sitting in front of ...

  1. Dell Axim and chargers/sync cables

    I'm thinking of getting an Axim x50. And I can't quite make good sense
    of the cable issue.
    I want to be able to dock it at work, and at home, be able to use it
    sitting in front of the TV on the couch. =) But this whole 2 hours of
    bettery I'm reading on Epinions.com has me freaked.

    So my question is, if I keep the whole docking assembly it comes with
    at work, what's the one additional cable I would want to buy to keep at
    home so I can use the Axim while plugged into an AC outlet?

    It looks like the travel cable is just USB to Axim? I guess that would
    also keep it powered as I use it, but it'd have to be plugged into my
    PC obviously.
    Would I have to get just a whole other docking assembly? Looking at the
    picture on the Dell web site, it looks like there's 5 different parts
    to it including the power cord, the power adapter, the dock, and one or
    two other cables.

    Anyway, any advice on what else I should buy to just be able to plug it
    into an AC and use it without worrying about battery would be
    appreciated.
    And any other opinions on real-world battery life for someone who
    doesn't plan on using it to view videos would be appreciated too. =)
    Thanks!
    Liam

  2. Re: Dell Axim and chargers/sync cables

    If the x50 is anything like my x30, the power cable that comes with the
    docking station unplugs and has an adapter so you can use it to power
    the x30 and also charge the battery. The USB connector is on the docking
    unit.

    There is also another optional cable that has the power connector and an
    USB connector. I didn't buy that one, I use bluetooth to send files
    between the x30 and the desktop.

  3. Re: Dell Axim and chargers/sync cables

    wrote in message
    news:1105718305.213197.154330@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > I'm thinking of getting an Axim x50. And I can't quite make good sense
    > of the cable issue.
    > I want to be able to dock it at work, and at home, be able to use it
    > sitting in front of the TV on the couch. =) But this whole 2 hours of
    > bettery I'm reading on Epinions.com has me freaked.
    >
    > So my question is, if I keep the whole docking assembly it comes with
    > at work, what's the one additional cable I would want to buy to keep at
    > home so I can use the Axim while plugged into an AC outlet?
    >
    > It looks like the travel cable is just USB to Axim? I guess that would
    > also keep it powered as I use it, but it'd have to be plugged into my
    > PC obviously.
    > Would I have to get just a whole other docking assembly? Looking at the
    > picture on the Dell web site, it looks like there's 5 different parts
    > to it including the power cord, the power adapter, the dock, and one or
    > two other cables.
    >
    > Anyway, any advice on what else I should buy to just be able to plug it
    > into an AC and use it without worrying about battery would be
    > appreciated.
    > And any other opinions on real-world battery life for someone who
    > doesn't plan on using it to view videos would be appreciated too. =)
    > Thanks!
    > Liam

    To get all the parts you need buy the travel kit.

    You don't really need all the parts in that kit for what you want to do but
    that seems to be the only way to get the ones you need. All you really need
    is the power supply and the small adapter that connects the power supply to
    the handheld.

    BUT I just looked at the Dell site and could not find the adapter listed
    for sale. I had planned to send you a link.

    Colbyt

+ Reply to Thread