landscape handheld computer recommendation - Handheld

This is a discussion on landscape handheld computer recommendation - Handheld ; Dear All, What I am after is any recommendations for handheld computers capable of running a web-based application over a web browser on a GPRS modem connection. The unit should be: * Landscape orientated screen of a resolution of 480x240 ...

  1. landscape handheld computer recommendation

    Dear All,

    What I am after is any recommendations for handheld computers
    capable of running a web-based application over a web browser on a
    GPRS modem connection.

    The unit should be:
    * Landscape orientated screen of a resolution of 480x240 (or
    higher)
    * Very probably running Windows CE or full windows XP/2000 (for
    Javascript support)
    * Have either a touch screen/stylus/keyboard (or all three)
    allowing easy input
    * Be vehicular mountable, and removeable for use within customers
    premises (So requires a battery)
    * Have means to connect to a standard mobile printer
    (Bluetooth/Infra-red/USB)
    * Cost up to or around 1000 for the unit with no peripherals

    So far I have looked at the following company's offerings:
    * Infowave
    * Itronix
    * Psion
    * DAP Technologies
    * Timbatec
    * Nokia
    but don't think that any meet my requirements in full.
    Thanks in anticipation!

    Paul Le Sueur.

  2. Re: landscape handheld computer recommendation

    http://www.oqo.com
    http://www.handtops.com
    http://www.archos.com
    http://www.ezaurus.com