Small basic pda - Handheld

This is a discussion on Small basic pda - Handheld ; Does there exist a handheld smaller than, let's say the Palm Tungsten, smaller in its dimensions; thinner and height and width, with just basic functions, nothing fancy, no mp3 or camera? If not, does anyone know to whom or how ...

  1. Small basic pda

    Does there exist a handheld smaller than, let's say the Palm Tungsten,
    smaller in its dimensions; thinner and height and width, with just basic
    functions, nothing fancy, no mp3 or camera? If not, does anyone know to
    whom or how to make a recommendation that such a device be manufactured? I
    remember a device a few years ago that fit in the PC card slot of a laptop.
    It would be nice to have one that fit easily into a pocket.

    Steve

  2. Re: Small basic pda

    Steve Howe wrote:
    > Does there exist a handheld smaller than, let's say the Palm

    Tungsten,
    > smaller in its dimensions; thinner and height and width, with just

    basic
    > functions, nothing fancy, no mp3 or camera? If not, does anyone know

    > whom or how to make a recommendation that such a device be

    manufactured? I
    > remember a device a few years ago that fit in the PC card slot of a

    laptop.
    > It would be nice to have one that fit easily into a pocket.

    Closest thing to what you describe is probably some of the cell
    phones these
    days that operate on Palm OS or other PDA operating system. Someone
    came out
    with a wrist watch PDA operating on Palm OS. The market is in a high
    state
    of flux and every week someone has a new mouse trap out there.

  3. Re: Small basic pda

    Steve Howe wrote:

    > Does there exist a handheld smaller than, let's say the Palm Tungsten,
    > smaller in its dimensions; thinner and height and width, with just basic
    > functions, nothing fancy, no mp3 or camera? If not, does anyone know to
    > whom or how to make a recommendation that such a device be manufactured?
    > remember a device a few years ago that fit in the PC card slot of a
    > laptop. It would be nice to have one that fit easily into a pocket.
    >
    > Steve

    The PC-Card device you remember is the Rex series of PDA's. Definitely fits
    the "basic" niche and can be found on ebay.

    Regards,

    John
    HP Jornada 720
    Sony Clie SJ33