No Cd with purchase of Ipaq 1930 - Handheld

This is a discussion on No Cd with purchase of Ipaq 1930 - Handheld ; Hi, I have just purchased a used Ipaq 1930 and it has come with no CD. I run Outlook 2002 on my PC, what software will I actually need to operate the unit correctly? Is this software available free for ...

  1. No Cd with purchase of Ipaq 1930

    Hi,

    I have just purchased a used Ipaq 1930 and it has come with no CD. I
    run Outlook 2002 on my PC, what software will I actually need to operate
    the unit correctly?

    Is this software available free for download or will I have to purchase?

    I'm not after a freebie, I just want to get the IPAQ working correctly.

    Really looking forward to using the IPAQ having been a PALM addict for
    the past 7 years!

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Mark (MSA)
    Remember, half the people you know are below average

  2. Re: No Cd with purchase of Ipaq 1930

    Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:30:46 -0000, MSA:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just purchased a used Ipaq 1930 and it has come with no CD. I
    > run Outlook 2002 on my PC, what software will I actually need to operate
    > the unit correctly?
    >
    > Is this software available free for download or will I have to purchase?
    >
    > I'm not after a freebie, I just want to get the IPAQ working correctly.
    >
    > Really looking forward to using the IPAQ having been a PALM addict for
    > the past 7 years!
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Hello,

    I have an Ipaq 1930, too. Since I don't use Outlook I only needed
    Active Sync from the CD. And this is also available from M$'s website.
    This is a program with which you can include your device's file system
    into the normal Windows Explorer. If you don't do much file copying
    you could also use Infrared or SD cards - if your computer has one of
    these capabilities.

    About software for the PDA - look around some software website.
    There's plenty of good stuff around:

    www.pocketpcfreewares.com
    www.handago.com
    www.pocketgear.com
    www.pocket.at

    But I wonder why your package doesn't include a CD in the first place.
    --
    Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by."

  3. Re: No Cd with purchase of Ipaq 1930

    In article <17hz02datr3vh$.1s5rz0hj2248h.dlg@40tude.net>, Warp_7-spam-
    @gmx.de says...
    > Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:30:46 -0000, MSA:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have just purchased a used Ipaq 1930 and it has come with no CD. I
    > > run Outlook 2002 on my PC, what software will I actually need to operate
    > > the unit correctly?
    > >
    > > Is this software available free for download or will I have to purchase?
    > >
    > > I'm not after a freebie, I just want to get the IPAQ working correctly.
    > >
    > > Really looking forward to using the IPAQ having been a PALM addict for
    > > the past 7 years!
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have an Ipaq 1930, too. Since I don't use Outlook I only needed
    > Active Sync from the CD. And this is also available from M$'s website.
    > This is a program with which you can include your device's file system
    > into the normal Windows Explorer. If you don't do much file copying
    > you could also use Infrared or SD cards - if your computer has one of
    > these capabilities.
    >
    > About software for the PDA - look around some software website.
    > There's plenty of good stuff around:
    >
    > www.pocketpcfreewares.com
    > www.handago.com
    > www.pocketgear.com
    > www.pocket.at
    >
    > But I wonder why your package doesn't include a CD in the first place.

    Thanks for the info, sounds pretty plain to me. I didn't ask why there
    was no CD with the device but the fact that it comes with all cables,
    power supply, a case and a memory card gives me the feeling that all is
    genuine. I'm fairly confident that all is OK.
    --
    Mark (MSA)
    Remember, half the people you know are below average

+ Reply to Thread