Psion 3a Replacement - Handheld

This is a discussion on Psion 3a Replacement - Handheld ; I want to replace my Psion 3a, there are nearly as many dead pixels on the screen as live ones. PDA's seem to be unfashionable now, I don't want one combined with a mobile and I tried an iPaq but ...

  1. Psion 3a Replacement

    I want to replace my Psion 3a, there are nearly as many dead pixels on
    the screen as live ones.

    PDA's seem to be unfashionable now, I don't want one combined with a
    mobile and I tried an iPaq but sold it because it was too fiddly to
    use. I have large hands and associated large fingers :-)

    If anybody knows of anything else around the series 3a size with a
    keyboard I would appreciate recommendations.

    Many thanks.

    --
    Jeff Gaines
    Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm

  2. Re: Psion 3a Replacement

    Have a look at the Sharp Zaurus SL-3000. I've never used one, but I've read
    rave reviews. Try Google for sites. NEC still makes a clamshell (MobilePro
    900)
    Still use my 3a to look things up in my LP/CD database. Lots of stripes on
    my screen too. The Revo data application is even nicer, but I can't deal
    with the short battery life of the Revo. The 3a goes a year with the two
    AAs.
    Klaus Ernst NYC
    "Jeff Gaines" wrote in message

    > I want to replace my Psion 3a, there are nearly as many dead pixels on
    > the screen as live ones.
    >
    > PDA's seem to be unfashionable now, I don't want one combined with a
    > mobile and I tried an iPaq but sold it because it was too fiddly to
    > use. I have large hands and associated large fingers :-)
    >
    > If anybody knows of anything else around the series 3a size with a
    > keyboard I would appreciate recommendations.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Jeff Gaines
    > Posted with XanaNews 1.17.1.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm

  3. Re: Psion 3a Replacement

    I'm using a Yopy linux based PDA (http://www.yopypda.co.uk/). The
    keyboard isn't as good as the Psion, but nothing seems to be. I think
    it's a huge shame they bottled the market.

    Bit like Acorn and the RISCos series, snatching defeat from the jaws of
    victory...

    Have a look at the Yopy, it's good fun.

  4. Re: Psion 3a Replacement

    brunnian@gmail.com wrote:

    > I'm using a Yopy linux based PDA (http://www.yopypda.co.uk/). The
    > keyboard isn't as good as the Psion, but nothing seems to be. I think
    > it's a huge shame they bottled the market.
    >
    > Bit like Acorn and the RISCos series, snatching defeat from the jaws of
    > victory...
    >
    > Have a look at the Yopy, it's good fun.

    Don't! The Yopy is only funny for people wanting to play with ARM
    cross-compiler. Nothing to compare with Psion device.
    It's also a dead product and the 3700 has a small battery life. It's kernel
    is outdated (2.4.2) and its applications are not polished (and rare).

    Brunnian, I guess you sell Yopys.

    --
    ,,,
    (._.)