backlight - Handheld

This is a discussion on backlight - Handheld ; Merry Christmas all I am having difficulty with the backlight working on my Ipaq pocket pc. It appears to come on at random - no amount of changing the settings seems to help? Do the backlights "wear out" or is ...

  1. backlight

    Merry Christmas all

    I am having difficulty with the backlight working on my Ipaq pocket
    pc.
    It appears to come on at random - no amount of changing the settings
    seems to help? Do the backlights "wear out" or is there something
    extremely basic i am missing. I have tried various options as in
    lighting the screen when a button is pressed or screen tapped but so
    far it still appears to be random.

    Has anyone had this happen to them?

    Thanks

    Matt

  2. Re: backlight

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:16:47 -0800, Matt Forsyth wrote:

    > Merry Christmas all
    >
    > I am having difficulty with the backlight working on my Ipaq pocket
    > pc.
    > It appears to come on at random - no amount of changing the settings
    > seems to help? Do the backlights "wear out" or is there something
    > extremely basic i am missing. I have tried various options as in
    > lighting the screen when a button is pressed or screen tapped but so
    > far it still appears to be random.
    >
    > Has anyone had this happen to them?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Matt

    Most often when a backlight is intermittent like that it is a loose
    connection. If you tear it apart and find the cables for the display and
    backlight it may either be loose, or if soldered directly, need to be
    resoldered.

+ Reply to Thread