Adobe Reader for Pocket PC - Handheld

This is a discussion on Adobe Reader for Pocket PC - Handheld ; Hey all, I recently went to install the Adobe Reader 2 onto my Pocket PC. An error message came up saying that I have version 1 installed, and need to uninstall it first. I looked for it under "remove programs" ...

  1. Adobe Reader for Pocket PC

    Hey all,

    I recently went to install the Adobe Reader 2 onto my Pocket PC. An
    error message came up saying that I have version 1 installed, and need
    to uninstall it first.
    I looked for it under "remove programs" and cannot find it anywhere. I
    have used File Manager to try to locate any reference to the Adobe
    Reader on my handheld and cannot find it anywhere.
    Until I can find it and remove it, I am unable to reinstall it.

    HELP!

    TIA
    Rob

  2. Re: Adobe Reader for Pocket PC

    R P Dale wrote:

    >I recently went to install the Adobe Reader 2 onto my Pocket PC.

    Hi Rob,
    I had the same problem on an Axim X30. The problem were some
    references in the registry which had not been deleted by the 'remove
    programs' process. So you will need to install an registry editor for
    PPC, find all the 'Acrobat' or 'Adobe Reader' references and remove
    them manually prior to the Adobe Reader 2.0 installation.

    Best regards
    Michael

+ Reply to Thread