HP 360LX and WLAN - Handheld

This is a discussion on HP 360LX and WLAN - Handheld ; Hello, after searching the web for the above topic I found our that the old Lucent WLAN cards (Orinoco Gold / Silver) had Windows CE 2.0 drivers. Does that mean, that I can indeed use such cards with the HP ...

  1. HP 360LX and WLAN

    Hello,

    after searching the web for the above topic I found our that
    the old Lucent WLAN cards (Orinoco Gold / Silver) had Windows
    CE 2.0 drivers.

    Does that mean, that I can indeed use such cards with the HP
    360LX (which has WinCE 2.0), or is it also hardware-dependent
    so that it may not work due to some reason?

    Thanks

    daniel

  2. Re: HP 360LX and WLAN

    "Daniel" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > after searching the web for the above topic I found our that
    > the old Lucent WLAN cards (Orinoco Gold / Silver) had Windows
    > CE 2.0 drivers.
    >
    > Does that mean, that I can indeed use such cards with the HP
    > 360LX (which has WinCE 2.0), or is it also hardware-dependent
    > so that it may not work due to some reason?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > daniel

    Daniel,

    I just stumbled upon your post - those cards should work in the 360LX,
    though the low CPU speed of the palmtop might impact performance. If you've
    had any success, I'd be interested in finding out (before I go track down an
    Orinoco card for my 360LX).

    No clue on your ICQ, question, I'm afraid.

    --Jason

+ Reply to Thread