Info Request: Developing peripheral for SD slot - Handheld

This is a discussion on Info Request: Developing peripheral for SD slot - Handheld ; Hi C.S.H. I'm considering developing a peripheral unit for SD slots on handhelds, but I'm stuck trying to find a manufacturer/developer for something like this. It's a shot in the dark, but maybe one of the PDA experts here has ...

  1. Info Request: Developing peripheral for SD slot

    Hi C.S.H.

    I'm considering developing a peripheral unit for SD slots on
    handhelds, but I'm stuck trying to find a manufacturer/developer for
    something like this.

    It's a shot in the dark, but maybe one of the PDA experts here has
    some suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Jey

  2. Re: Info Request: Developing peripheral for SD slot

    Thanks for all that info. I suppose my first question should have
    been:
    If I were to develop a peripheral for a PDA, what would be the best
    received format (insert sound = can of worms.wav)?

    Maybe the idea I have isn't even possible, but here's the general
    idea.
    -The peripheral would store its program and can store user input on
    the actual peripheral (software doesn't need to be installed on the
    actual PDA).
    -The peripheral would need to draw power from the PDA
    -The peripheral would need to be compatible with newer PDAs (withing
    the past two years or so)

    I really don't even know where to start looking for a company that can
    develop the software, much less the actual device.

    Thanks for any additional input.

    Jey

+ Reply to Thread