Help finding inexpensive PDA to listen to web broadcast? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Help finding inexpensive PDA to listen to web broadcast? - Handheld ; Hello, Looking for recoemendations for a wireless PDA to listen to web broadcasts. I currently download them to an mp3 format, copy them to an SD Memory card, then listen to them on an mp3 player. I was wondering if ...

  1. Help finding inexpensive PDA to listen to web broadcast?

    Hello,
    Looking for recoemendations for a wireless PDA to listen to web
    broadcasts. I currently download them to an mp3 format, copy them to
    an SD Memory card, then listen to them on an mp3 player. I was
    wondering if I can't cut out a few steps by just having a PDA that can
    connect thorugh my home's wireless router, and listen to them directly
    from the webpage. There are so many PDAs out there though I am having
    trouble figuring out if this is even possible ( I don't want a phone
    that connects to the internet, and I don't want to incur any surfing
    charges; I already pay subscription fees for the content). Any help is
    appreciated. It would be great if I could buy used from ebay too.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Help finding inexpensive PDA to listen to web broadcast?

    As it stands ur pretty stuck, any pda with wifi costs a "pretty penny". As i
    far as i see it your going to have to buy something cheapish, and wifi card.
    the card alone is 80/$100+. The cheapest that "should" work is an Tungsten
    E for about 120/$150 and the wifi card i mentioned earlier the next best
    thing is a Hp2215, not sure how much that would set you back.

    Plus the battery life on most pda's doing that kind of thing is normally
    about 3 hours.
    wrote in message
    news:1102000775.040043.189110@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello,
    > Looking for recoemendations for a wireless PDA to listen to web
    > broadcasts. I currently download them to an mp3 format, copy them to
    > an SD Memory card, then listen to them on an mp3 player. I was
    > wondering if I can't cut out a few steps by just having a PDA that can
    > connect thorugh my home's wireless router, and listen to them directly
    > from the webpage. There are so many PDAs out there though I am having
    > trouble figuring out if this is even possible ( I don't want a phone
    > that connects to the internet, and I don't want to incur any surfing
    > charges; I already pay subscription fees for the content). Any help is
    > appreciated. It would be great if I could buy used from ebay too.
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Help finding inexpensive PDA to listen to web broadcast?

    On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:49:33 +0000, Veritech wrote:

    > As it stands ur pretty stuck, any pda with wifi costs a "pretty penny". As i
    > far as i see it your going to have to buy something cheapish, and wifi card.
    > the card alone is 80/$100+. The cheapest that "should" work is an Tungsten
    > E for about 120/$150 and the wifi card i mentioned earlier the next best
    > thing is a Hp2215, not sure how much that would set you back.
    >
    > Plus the battery life on most pda's doing that kind of thing is normally
    > about 3 hours.
    > wrote in message
    > news:1102000775.040043.189110@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    >> Hello,
    >> Looking for recoemendations for a wireless PDA to listen to web
    >> broadcasts. I currently download them to an mp3 format, copy them to
    >> an SD Memory card, then listen to them on an mp3 player. I was
    >> wondering if I can't cut out a few steps by just having a PDA that can
    >> connect thorugh my home's wireless router, and listen to them directly
    >> from the webpage. There are so many PDAs out there though I am having
    >> trouble figuring out if this is even possible ( I don't want a phone
    >> that connects to the internet, and I don't want to incur any surfing
    >> charges; I already pay subscription fees for the content). Any help is
    >> appreciated. It would be great if I could buy used from ebay too.
    >> Thanks.

    A Sharp Zaurus SL-5000 or SL-5500 would work well with the right CF Wifi
    card, and there's also the clamshell(ie: CL-760) versions, some of which
    have a higher resolution(and the capability for more ROM selection than
    the SL)
    eBay pricing looks to be $100-200 depending on accessories on the 5500.

+ Reply to Thread