Hotsync to memory card? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Hotsync to memory card? - Handheld ; Hi, I was wondering if there is a PalmOS application that would allow hotsyncing to a memory card? That would be very convenient, fatal crashes on the road without the computer to hotsync to would be history.. Hannu...

  1. Hotsync to memory card?

    Hi,

    I was wondering if there is a PalmOS application that would allow
    hotsyncing to a memory card? That would be very convenient, fatal
    crashes on the road without the computer to hotsync to would be history..

    Hannu

  2. Re: Hotsync to memory card?

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:42:38 +0200, Hannujar wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if there is a PalmOS application that would allow
    > hotsyncing to a memory card? That would be very convenient, fatal
    > crashes on the road without the computer to hotsync to would be history..
    >
    > Hannu

    Backup, not hotsync. And there are several. There's BackupBuddy VFS,
    CardBackup, BackupMan, and probably a few others that I'm missing.

    --
    Derek

    It's best to avoid standing directly between a competitive jerk and
    his goals.

  3. Re: Hotsync to memory card?

    Hannujar wrote:

    > I was wondering if there is a PalmOS application that would allow
    > hotsyncing to a memory card? That would be very convenient, fatal
    > crashes on the road without the computer to hotsync to would be history..

    I very happily use Red Feline Backup.

    http://www.redfelineninja.dsl.pipex..../rfbackup.html

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

  4. Re: Hotsync to memory card?

    Hannujar wrote:

    > I was wondering if there is a PalmOS application that would allow
    > hotsyncing to a memory card? That would be very convenient, fatal
    > crashes on the road without the computer to hotsync to would be history..

    Lots of them, actually. BackupBuddyVFS is a commercial one. VFSBackup is a
    free one. And I know there's at least a few more...

    --
    ZZzz |\ _,,,---,,_ Travis S. Casey
    /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ No one agrees with me. Not even me.
    |,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
    '---''(_/--' `-'\_)

  5. Re: Hotsync to memory card?

    "Hannujar" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if there is a PalmOS application that would allow
    > hotsyncing to a memory card? That would be very convenient, fatal crashes
    > on the road without the computer to hotsync to would be history..
    >
    > Hannu

    BackupMan - simple cheap and, much more importantly, very reliable. It's
    saved me a number of times.

+ Reply to Thread