Cassiopeia A-11 - manual or any other info? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Cassiopeia A-11 - manual or any other info? - Handheld ; Hi, Yesterday I rescued a Cassiopeia A-11 from a skip! It seems to be intact, and I managed to get it to boot up by wiring a 3V supply to the battery pack connectors. However, I don't know anything about ...

  1. Cassiopeia A-11 - manual or any other info?

    Hi,

    Yesterday I rescued a Cassiopeia A-11 from a skip! It seems to be
    intact, and I managed to get it to boot up by wiring a 3V supply to
    the battery pack connectors.

    However, I don't know anything about it, and Casio don't seem to have
    any manuals for it on their site now (ok I suppose it is a bit old
    now...). Would some kind soul be able to email me a PDF of the manual
    if they happen to have a copy?

    Also, I assume the proper way to connect it to a power supply is
    through some special cable using that funny connector on the side?

    If anyone reading this in the UK has any accessories for this model
    that they'd like to sell, please email me!

    Thanks,

    Hajo

  2. Re: Cassiopeia A-11 - manual or any other info?

    Chris De Herrera's site is a very good source of info, although maybe
    not for the type of detail you want. The following may help at least a
    bit:
    http://www.cewindows.net/wce/wcetech.htm

    Also, I just used google
    (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    casio a-11
    and got 2240 hits. The first few look at least relevant, so you have
    at least a chance of finding useful info among the 2240.

    On 15 Nov 2004 01:31:28 -0800, postman@spuunup.org (Hajo) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Yesterday I rescued a Cassiopeia A-11 from a skip! It seems to be
    >intact, and I managed to get it to boot up by wiring a 3V supply to
    >the battery pack connectors.
    >
    >However, I don't know anything about it, and Casio don't seem to have
    >any manuals for it on their site now (ok I suppose it is a bit old
    >now...). Would some kind soul be able to email me a PDF of the manual
    >if they happen to have a copy?
    >
    >Also, I assume the proper way to connect it to a power supply is
    >through some special cable using that funny connector on the side?
    >
    >If anyone reading this in the UK has any accessories for this model
    >that they'd like to sell, please email me!
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Hajo

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Cassiopeia A-11 - manual or any other info?

    While I don't have any pointers to the manuals themselves, you can find
    some information at my site:

    http://www.svn.net/jimhorn/wincehw.htm

    Your Casio A-11 was also sold as the Compaq C-140. Both were available
    with half the RAM as the A-10 and C-120, respectively. By searching on
    all four versions you're more likely to find the documentation.

    The ROM is on a small board that allows upgrades. Yours may be running
    Windows CE 1.0 or 2.0, depending on that board. That will also affect
    which manual you will want.

    Best to you - my old C-120 is still chugging along...

    Jim Horn, WB9SYN/6

+ Reply to Thread