Using PDA as voice remote? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Using PDA as voice remote? - Handheld ; I know you can have software to voice control a PDA, but could you have it as a remote controller as well? Or am I expecting too much? Thanks. Bye for now. Clive....

  1. Using PDA as voice remote?

    I know you can have software to voice control a PDA, but could you
    have it as a remote controller as well?

    Or am I expecting too much?

    Thanks.

    Bye for now.

    Clive.

  2. Re: Using PDA as voice remote?

    Not at all too much to ask, except that I don't think that has been written
    yet. I gather you are talking about making something like a TV remote but
    with voice input? So you can just say "change to channel 33", "Mute audio"
    or something. Well within the capabilities of the device. You can voice
    control apps like media player. Not much of a stretch to voice control a
    remote control program. Might be something to request at Vito Technology
    (http://vitotechnology.com/en/products/remote.html). They make that remote
    program and a voice dialer. Between those two they have demonstrated both
    technologies and they are small enough they may listen.

    --
    Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
    "Clive Savage" wrote in message
    newsh0gp0tu3rnrrsmn9vubef80kmsni54uc0@4ax.com...

    > I know you can have software to voice control a PDA, but could you
    > have it as a remote controller as well?
    >
    > Or am I expecting too much?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > Bye for now.
    >
    > Clive.

  3. Re: Using PDA as voice remote?

    Check this out -
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_d...associateid=17

    Clive Savage wrote:
    > I know you can have software to voice control a PDA, but could you
    > have it as a remote controller as well?
    >
    > Or am I expecting too much?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > Bye for now.
    >
    > Clive.

  4. Re: Using PDA as voice remote?

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:16:40 GMT, shuffle
    wrote:

    >Check this out -
    >http://www.pocketgear.com/software_d...associateid=17

    Good stuff! :-)