Consumer Ir & Consumer IrDa (same?) - Handheld

This is a discussion on Consumer Ir & Consumer IrDa (same?) - Handheld ; I'm looking for a new PPC, mainly to use as a remote to control all my AV equipment. I was looking at one of the new Fujitsu Siemens models (loox 720), in the tech specs this unit is said to ...

  1. Consumer Ir & Consumer IrDa (same?)

    I'm looking for a new PPC, mainly to use as a remote to control all my AV
    equipment. I was looking at one of the new Fujitsu Siemens models (loox
    720), in the tech specs this unit is said to have "IrDa (Consumer
    Level)"..Does this mean that I was be able to use it to control my DVD
    player, VCR etc with suitable software? I keep hearing people say "IrDa will
    not work as a normal remote, you need consumer Ir".......But is consumer Ir,
    the same as consumer IrDa?

    I don't want to buy a PPC and then find out that it isnt able to communicate
    with all my AV equipment.

    regards

  2. Re: Consumer Ir & Consumer IrDa (same?)

    "mikea" schreef in bericht
    > I'm looking for a new PPC, mainly to use as a remote to control all my AV
    > equipment. I was looking at one of the new Fujitsu Siemens models (loox
    > 720), in the tech specs this unit is said to have "IrDa (Consumer
    > Level)"..Does this mean that I was be able to use it to control my DVD
    > player, VCR etc with suitable software? I keep hearing people say "IrDa
    > will
    > not work as a normal remote, you need consumer Ir".......But is consumer
    > Ir,
    > the same as consumer IrDa?
    >
    > I don't want to buy a PPC and then find out that it isnt able to
    > communicate
    > with all my AV equipment.
    >
    > regards

    No problems here, can use my ppc for all my devices.
    Just install a remotecontrol program, and you can "learn" your ppc
    all commands.

    Or load custum made cff files in the pocket pc, it behaves just like a
    philips pronto.

    look here
    http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...gi?area=pronto

    F.

    ---
    Email bericht is gescand voor verzending.

  3. Re: Consumer Ir & Consumer IrDa (same?)

    "mikea" schreef in bericht
    > I'm looking for a new PPC, mainly to use as a remote to control all my AV
    > equipment. I was looking at one of the new Fujitsu Siemens models (loox
    > 720), in the tech specs this unit is said to have "IrDa (Consumer
    > Level)"..Does this mean that I was be able to use it to control my DVD
    > player, VCR etc with suitable software? I keep hearing people say "IrDa
    > will
    > not work as a normal remote, you need consumer Ir".......But is consumer
    > Ir,
    > the same as consumer IrDa?
    >
    > I don't want to buy a PPC and then find out that it isnt able to
    > communicate
    > with all my AV equipment.
    >
    > regards

    http://www.pdawin.com/tvremote.html

    Forgot to add this link...

    F.

    ---
    Email bericht is gescand voor verzending.