Blackberry PIN entry problem - Handheld

This is a discussion on Blackberry PIN entry problem - Handheld ; Hi, I've got a Blackberry 7230 device and I'm having a problem entering the PIN number into it. My PIN has 4 numbers and 4 letters. I can enter the 4 numbers OK but when I try and enter the ...

  1. Blackberry PIN entry problem

    Hi, I've got a Blackberry 7230 device and I'm having a problem entering the
    PIN number into it.

    My PIN has 4 numbers and 4 letters. I can enter the 4 numbers OK but when I
    try and enter the characters A + B out of the PIN, no character is displayed
    when I press the keys. It's almost as if only the number keys are active on
    the PIN entry screen.

    Apologies if I'm being stupid but the PIN is all 8 alpha-numeric characters?
    I should be able to enter any character OK?

    Many thanks,
    David

  2. Re: Blackberry PIN entry problem

    Hi David,
    The Blackberry actually has two "PIN" codes, one is 8 digits
    (alphanumeric), the other one, that you should use, is only 4 numbers.
    You should have received it from your service provider.
    Well I hope this is all relevant to you, things might differ from one
    provider to another.
    Good luck,
    SD

    "David Martin" wrote in message news:<41914c8f$0$24079$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net>...
    > Hi, I've got a Blackberry 7230 device and I'm having a problem entering the
    > PIN number into it.
    >
    > My PIN has 4 numbers and 4 letters. I can enter the 4 numbers OK but when I
    > try and enter the characters A + B out of the PIN, no character is displayed
    > when I press the keys. It's almost as if only the number keys are active on
    > the PIN entry screen.
    >
    > Apologies if I'm being stupid but the PIN is all 8 alpha-numeric characters?
    > I should be able to enter any character OK?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > David

+ Reply to Thread