Cant access my website from mobile phone - Handheld

This is a discussion on Cant access my website from mobile phone - Handheld ; I have registred a domain name through Yahoo, and forwarded that URL to the IP address of my machine at home. I can access the URL using a desktop or a laptop (from my workstation in the office or from ...

  1. Cant access my website from mobile phone

    I have registred a domain name through Yahoo, and forwarded that URL
    to the IP address of my machine at home.
    I can access the URL using a desktop or a laptop (from my workstation
    in the office or from another machine in the home network)
    But when I access the same URL through my mobile phone the request
    times out.
    My mobile phone can access other websites though (google, yahoo, msn
    etc.)
    I checked the access log of Apache server and found that when I access
    from my phone no request is reaching the server.
    Please let me know what I am missing.

    Facts:
    Phone : Nokia 6600 / TMobile / Tzones for mobile web access
    Web server : Apache running on Linux
    ISP : Comcast High Speed.

    Thanks.
    Gen

  2. Re: Cant access my website from mobile phone

    gen_www@yahoo.com (Gen) wrote in message news:<4d70acbb.0411090649.7a434b9b@posting.google.com>...

    First off, is your page written in HTML or WML. If it is written in
    HTML, does your mobile browser support HTML. If not, time to learn
    WML. If you have written it in WML, then have you modified your
    registry so your web server knows what to do with the WML pages. It is
    just two or three keys that need to be added, I believe it is the same
    for all web servers, but I don't have access to it at the moment.
    Respond that you need it, or e-mail me and I will forward it to you.

    Failing that, get a WAP emulator and try and access the page using it.
    Most WAP emulators will provide you with a reasonably detailed error
    description. Even though I had a WAP phone when I started writing WAP
    pages 4 years ago, I tested my code using the emulator for that reason
    only.

    Good luck

    John

    > I have registred a domain name through Yahoo, and forwarded that URL
    > to the IP address of my machine at home.
    > I can access the URL using a desktop or a laptop (from my workstation
    > in the office or from another machine in the home network)
    > But when I access the same URL through my mobile phone the request
    > times out.
    > My mobile phone can access other websites though (google, yahoo, msn
    > etc.)
    > I checked the access log of Apache server and found that when I access
    > from my phone no request is reaching the server.
    > Please let me know what I am missing.
    >
    > Facts:
    > Phone : Nokia 6600 / TMobile / Tzones for mobile web access
    > Web server : Apache running on Linux
    > ISP : Comcast High Speed.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Gen

  3. Re: Cant access my website from mobile phone

    Now I can access the site from phone. This was a newly registered
    site, probably it took time for TMobile DNS servers to update their
    database.(??)
    Thanks for the reply John.

    john_casey@hotmail.com (John) wrote in message news:...
    > gen_www@yahoo.com (Gen) wrote in message news:<4d70acbb.0411090649.7a434b9b@posting.google.com>...
    >
    > First off, is your page written in HTML or WML. If it is written in
    > HTML, does your mobile browser support HTML. If not, time to learn
    > WML. If you have written it in WML, then have you modified your
    > registry so your web server knows what to do with the WML pages. It is
    > just two or three keys that need to be added, I believe it is the same
    > for all web servers, but I don't have access to it at the moment.
    > Respond that you need it, or e-mail me and I will forward it to you.
    >
    > Failing that, get a WAP emulator and try and access the page using it.
    > Most WAP emulators will provide you with a reasonably detailed error
    > description. Even though I had a WAP phone when I started writing WAP
    > pages 4 years ago, I tested my code using the emulator for that reason
    > only.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > John
    >
    > > I have registred a domain name through Yahoo, and forwarded that URL
    > > to the IP address of my machine at home.
    > > I can access the URL using a desktop or a laptop (from my workstation
    > > in the office or from another machine in the home network)
    > > But when I access the same URL through my mobile phone the request
    > > times out.
    > > My mobile phone can access other websites though (google, yahoo, msn
    > > etc.)
    > > I checked the access log of Apache server and found that when I access
    > > from my phone no request is reaching the server.
    > > Please let me know what I am missing.
    > >
    > > Facts:
    > > Phone : Nokia 6600 / TMobile / Tzones for mobile web access
    > > Web server : Apache running on Linux
    > > ISP : Comcast High Speed.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > > Gen