Cheap handheld using Serial connection - Handheld

This is a discussion on Cheap handheld using Serial connection - Handheld ; It seems that all the handhelds use USB for synchrinising with PC's. We need to find a cheap handheld which will allow synchronisation via a Serial connection. We were looking at getting the Sharp ZQ590A 8Mb Organiser which costs around ...

  1. Cheap handheld using Serial connection

    It seems that all the handhelds use USB for synchrinising with PC's.

    We need to find a cheap handheld which will allow synchronisation via a
    Serial connection. We were looking at getting the Sharp ZQ590A 8Mb
    Organiser which costs around GBP 60.00, but it uses USB.

    USB synchrinisation will not work via Citrix which is the reason for the
    request. Any ideas please?

  2. Re: Cheap handheld using Serial connection

    Am Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:33:44 -0000 schrieb Pudn:

    > It seems that all the handhelds use USB for synchrinising with PC's.
    >
    > We need to find a cheap handheld which will allow synchronisation via a
    > Serial connection. We were looking at getting the Sharp ZQ590A 8Mb
    > Organiser which costs around GBP 60.00, but it uses USB.
    >
    > USB synchrinisation will not work via Citrix which is the reason for the
    > request. Any ideas please?

    The iPaq 3630 uses a serial connection. And since it is a rather old
    model you might be able to get it cheap (eBay?) The 38xx series also
    uses serial, but has USB capability as well.

+ Reply to Thread