A handheld that accepts a PCMCIA card? - Handheld

This is a discussion on A handheld that accepts a PCMCIA card? - Handheld ; I use a wireless service that requires it's proprietary PCMCIA card. I'm already paying for their wireless service and I want to be able to check email and have Outlook in a handheld. The handheld would need to have an ...

  1. A handheld that accepts a PCMCIA card?

    I use a wireless service that requires it's proprietary PCMCIA card.
    I'm already paying for their wireless service and I want to be able to
    check email and have Outlook in a handheld. The handheld would need to
    have an OS that accepts Windows XP software. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: A handheld that accepts a PCMCIA card?

    "Marjorie" schreef in bericht
    news:8f905dca.0411051359.47ecc8cb@posting.google.c om...
    >I use a wireless service that requires it's proprietary PCMCIA card.
    > I'm already paying for their wireless service and I want to be able to
    > check email and have Outlook in a handheld. The handheld would need to
    > have an OS that accepts Windows XP software. Any suggestions?

    There are no pocket pc's with windows xp. xp is not available for pp.

    There are compact flash and sd-cards with inbuild wifi.
    sandisk has a sd wificard with 256 mb ram.

    Just use the right software to spoof the mac nr off your pcmcia card,
    and connect with pocketpc to you wireless provider.

    do a google for spoofing....

    Goodluck...

    ---
    Email bericht is gescand voor verzending.

  3. Re: A handheld that accepts a PCMCIA card?

    On 5 Nov 2004 13:59:30 -0800, marjorie@twohundred.com (Marjorie)
    wrote:

    >I use a wireless service that requires it's proprietary PCMCIA card.
    >I'm already paying for their wireless service and I want to be able to
    >check email and have Outlook in a handheld. The handheld would need to
    >have an OS that accepts Windows XP software. Any suggestions?

    If you need to be sure a computer will run Windows XP software, then
    you need a computer running Windows XP. Windows 2000 will support
    many/most, but not _all_ Windows XP software. Windows CE/Pocket PC
    will support _none_. I'm pretty sure at least one facility exists to
    let Linux run Windows programs (WINE?), and assume it will be pretty
    good.

    With that in mind, check out:
    http://www.mobilevillage.com/news/20...2/OQOxppda.htm
    I've seen at least one competitor, but don't remember details.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118