Blackberry calendaring problems - Handheld

This is a discussion on Blackberry calendaring problems - Handheld ; Hello, We're running a BES server supporting about 20 Blackberry 7230s, in conjunction with Exchange 2000. Very often (but not always) meeting requests that are generated on the BB fail (ie. a 'red cross' notification appears in the inbox) and ...

  1. Blackberry calendaring problems

    Hello,

    We're running a BES server supporting about 20 Blackberry 7230s, in
    conjunction with Exchange 2000.

    Very often (but not always) meeting requests that are generated on the BB
    fail (ie. a 'red cross' notification appears in the inbox) and they never
    reach Exchange. Similarly, if a user attempts to respond to a meeting
    request using a BB, the same failure will often occur.

    All the Exchange servers are running Exchange SP3, same on the BES
    (mapi32.dll version 6.0.6249.0).

    Our reseller has had a look through the logs but not come up with anything
    significant.

    There's lots of MAPI/CDO warnings in the event log (below).

    It's getting really frustrating, any advice appreciated.

    Thanks, Jim.
    London, UK

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BlackBerry Enterprise Server BESSVR
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 20035
    Date: 03/11/2004
    Time: 18:31:20
    User: N/A
    Computer: BESSVR
    {Joe.Bloggs} *** MAPI *** CDOCalendar::GetRIMMeetingReq - Exception
    handled.

    Date: 03/11/2004
    Time: 18:31:20
    User: N/A
    Computer: BESSVR
    {Joe.Bloggs} *** MAPI *** CDOCalendar::ProcessReqRespFromMapi - Exception
    handled.

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BlackBerry Enterprise Server BESSVR
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 20000
    Date: 03/11/2004
    Time: 18:31:20
    User: N/A
    Computer: BESSVR
    {Joe.Bloggs@blah.com} GetRIMMeetingReq Failed in
    LaunchCalHelperAndGetResults

  2. Re: Blackberry calendaring problems

    Jim,

    The last event ID: 2000 refers to, if the user mailbox has reached the
    storage limit and is not permitted to send messages until the
    Information store size returns to an acceptable range. The user will
    recieve message on the Blackberry handheld, but will not be able to
    send.
    As far as the other two event Id's, I am experiencing the same issue
    and have no clue so far. Please let me know if you come across any
    explanation of event ID : 20035

    thanks,

    Sohail

+ Reply to Thread