Stereo headphones but internal mic. for "handsfree" on Treo 600? - Handheld

This is a discussion on Stereo headphones but internal mic. for "handsfree" on Treo 600? - Handheld ; I can't find any STEREO headphones w/mic. that aren't either hideous or ****ty to use with my Treo600 for calls. I don't want to carry a separate headphones to listen to the MP3's, so I'm wondering if there's any way ...

  1. Stereo headphones but internal mic. for "handsfree" on Treo 600?

    I can't find any STEREO headphones w/mic. that aren't either hideous or
    ****ty to use with my Treo600 for calls. I don't want to carry a separate
    headphones to listen to the MP3's, so I'm wondering if there's any way to
    make it put out the sound thru regular stereo headphones, but still keep
    the internal mic. hot and mute the internal speaker(s). I think I'd also
    need to turn up the gain on it though since it would be away from my head
    in hand or on desk. Anybody know anything about this idea?
    For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    Yeah, it's really a real address

  2. Re: Stereo headphones but internal mic. for "handsfree" on Treo 600?

    I use the stereo adaptor (circa $5-$6)
    available in a Treo - branded bubble pack,
    with the $9.95 Sony over- the-ear headphones
    (much better than buds without completely blocking external sounds).
    I hold the phone about 6-8 inches from my mouth when walking
    and the other party hears me well.

    When I put the phone on the desktop
    (about 2 feet from my mouth),
    it's a little harder for them to hear and
    I have to talk much louder.

    The internal speaker is off automatically
    when the earphones are connected.

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 02:59:05 -0800,
    see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid wrote:

    >I can't find any STEREO headphones w/mic. that aren't either hideous or
    >****ty to use with my Treo600 for calls. I don't want to carry a separate
    >headphones to listen to the MP3's, so I'm wondering if there's any way to
    >make it put out the sound thru regular stereo headphones, but still keep
    >the internal mic. hot and mute the internal speaker(s). I think I'd also
    >need to turn up the gain on it though since it would be away from my head
    >in hand or on desk. Anybody know anything about this idea?

  3. Re: Stereo headphones but internal mic. for "handsfree" on Treo 600?

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:13:41 GMT, Dump at&t spewed:
    >I use the stereo adaptor (circa $5-$6)
    >available in a Treo - branded bubble pack,
    >with the $9.95 Sony over- the-ear headphones
    >(much better than buds without completely blocking external sounds).
    >I hold the phone about 6-8 inches from my mouth when walking
    >and the other party hears me well.

    Yup, plus I just hate the damn earbuds anyway.
    Not to mention they're kind of disgusting when you think about it.
    I sure wouldn't borrow any!

    >When I put the phone on the desktop
    >(about 2 feet from my mouth),
    >it's a little harder for them to hear and
    >I have to talk much louder.
    >
    >The internal speaker is off automatically
    >when the earphones are connected.

    Cool deal, thanks for the info.
    That's what I'll do

    >On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 02:59:05 -0800,
    >see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid wrote:
    >
    >>I can't find any STEREO headphones w/mic. that aren't either hideous or
    >>****ty to use with my Treo600 for calls. I don't want to carry a separate
    >>headphones to listen to the MP3's, so I'm wondering if there's any way to
    >>make it put out the sound thru regular stereo headphones, but still keep
    >>the internal mic. hot and mute the internal speaker(s). I think I'd also
    >>need to turn up the gain on it though since it would be away from my head
    >>in hand or on desk. Anybody know anything about this idea?

    For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    Yeah, it's really a real address

+ Reply to Thread