ChUserName screwed up! - Handheld

This is a discussion on ChUserName screwed up! - Handheld ; I used it to change the UserID on my current username so the Desktop and Palm both match (they hadn't before because I'd got a new Palm and just synched the new one with the old username). The next time ...

  1. ChUserName screwed up!

    I used it to change the UserID on my current username so the Desktop and
    Palm both match (they hadn't before because I'd got a new Palm and just
    synched the new one with the old username). The next time I tried to sync
    it didn't recognize the user and told me I'd have to rename one on the
    Desktop to sync. I wound up having to erase the # shown in the ChUserName
    app. on the handheld, and that sort of fixed it. But, it acted like it
    was seeing a blank Palm when I synched it (asked which user to synch).
    Then the UserID STILL doesn't match! WTF?! ANybody know what happened or
    how to get the UserIDs to match?
    For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    Yeah, it's really a real address

  2. Re: ChUserName screwed up!

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid wrote:
    > I used it to change the UserID on my current username so the
    > Desktop and Palm both match (they hadn't before because I'd got a
    > new Palm and just synched the new one with the old username).
    > The next time I tried to sync it didn't recognize the user and
    > told me I'd have to rename one on the Desktop to sync. I wound up
    > having to erase the # shown in the ChUserName app. on the
    > handheld, and that sort of fixed it. But, it acted like it was
    > seeing a blank Palm when I synched it (asked which user to synch).
    > Then the UserID STILL doesn't match! WTF?! ANybody know what
    > happened or how to get the UserIDs to match? --

    user names / HotSync names are just a formality. They are not really
    used. If you look at ChangeName there is also a number. *That* is
    what is used to make the sync with the desktop. You need to get that
    number matching the Desktop number.

    -k.

    Help me get a free Palm: http://freepalms.com/index.php?AFFID=711

+ Reply to Thread