On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:00:49 -0400, "Colbyt"
wrote:

>Google has failed me this time (or I failed to enter the right term). Also
>10 months postings in this group revealed nothing. Do I have the right
>group?
>
>I am looking for software that would allow me to create my invoices during
>the day as I drive around, transfer them to my PC and print them after I get
>home. The permanent record would be maintained on the home PC. This seems
>like a straight dB function to me, but I really don't want to spend the time
>developing it if I can avoid it.
>
>I don't have a PDA yet. I plan to buy the system to match the software.
>
>Any help even if they are just links appreciated.

Our application can do the job. I haven't "said" anything because I
know other companies make dedicated programs. In fact, I just used
google () to look up
pos windows ce
and got 88,600 hits (POS is a/the popular acronym for Point of Sale,
as in cash register).

Our application is aimed primarily at inspections. But we really just
read a script that can be modified by customers. So we _can_ create
invoices. Please see contact information in my signature (below).

Also, several portable printers exist, so you could print invoices in
the field. Most use thermal paper, so print quality is low and
permanence is definitely low. I'd be inclined to print a quick,
temporary receipt in the field, then a proper form later.

>Colbyt

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R