Help: Ipaq 3635 firmware failed, serial reload not working - Handheld

This is a discussion on Help: Ipaq 3635 firmware failed, serial reload not working - Handheld ; I have the .NBF files minus the first 32 bytes as detailed around the web. My update failed and all I can get is the parrot screen. I can talk to the Ipaq over serial etc. but when I try ...

  1. Help: Ipaq 3635 firmware failed, serial reload not working

    I have the .NBF files minus the first 32 bytes as detailed around the web.
    My update failed and all I can get is the parrot screen. I can talk to the
    Ipaq over serial etc. but when I try to load the ROM on via the MTTY
    program, I get Fail to sync with the host, or other errors like COM1 frame
    error of some sort. I can terminal to the Ipaq all day long but so far no
    luck on reflashing the ROM.

    Can someone help on this? I've tried it and I'm literate but it's looking
    like a copy on CF from someone elses Ipaq may be the solution. If you would
    loan me a cheap CF card with your image, I'd be happy to Paypal you the
    shipping etc. Or just buy a 32M CF card with the image outright. If you are
    concerned about the licensing, etc. then the factory ROM is fine, anything
    to get me going.

    --
    Homepage - http://members.cox.net/rcbullock/ 'It's lamer than Spaeth's!'
    ** Replies to rcbullock '"AT"" cox.net ** Sorry, I detest spam.

  2. Re: Ipaq 3635 firmware failed, serial reload not working

    Robert,

    Sorry to hear of your problem. You've really posted into the wrong
    group. MS.Pub.HPC especially. We're for a different class of device.

    You will get your question through to the correct targeted group at:
    microsoft.public.pocketpc

    Good luck

    Chris Tilley
    Editor-in-Chief
    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    HPC:Factor
    http://www.hpcfactor.com/
    HPC:Factor HPC Forums
    http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/

    "Robert Bullock" wrote in message
    >I have the .NBF files minus the first 32 bytes as detailed around the web.
    >My update failed and all I can get is the parrot screen. I can talk to the
    >Ipaq over serial etc. but when I try to load the ROM on via the MTTY
    >program, I get Fail to sync with the host, or other errors like COM1 frame
    >error of some sort. I can terminal to the Ipaq all day long but so far no
    >luck on reflashing the ROM.
    >
    > Can someone help on this? I've tried it and I'm literate but it's looking
    > like a copy on CF from someone elses Ipaq may be the solution. If you
    > would loan me a cheap CF card with your image, I'd be happy to Paypal you
    > the shipping etc. Or just buy a 32M CF card with the image outright. If
    > you are concerned about the licensing, etc. then the factory ROM is fine,
    > anything to get me going.
    >

    > --
    > Homepage - http://members.cox.net/rcbullock/ 'It's lamer than Spaeth's!'
    > ** Replies to rcbullock '"AT"" cox.net ** Sorry, I detest spam.

  3. Re: Help: Ipaq 3635 firmware failed, serial reload not working

    On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:37:07 -0500, "Robert Bullock"
    wrote:

    >I have the .NBF files minus the first 32 bytes as detailed around the web.
    >My update failed and all I can get is the parrot screen. I can talk to the
    >Ipaq over serial etc. but when I try to load the ROM on via the MTTY
    >program, I get Fail to sync with the host, or other errors like COM1 frame
    >error of some sort. I can terminal to the Ipaq all day long but so far no
    >luck on reflashing the ROM.
    >
    >Can someone help on this? I've tried it and I'm literate but it's looking
    >like a copy on CF from someone elses Ipaq may be the solution. If you would
    >loan me a cheap CF card with your image, I'd be happy to Paypal you the
    >shipping etc. Or just buy a 32M CF card with the image outright. If you are
    >concerned about the licensing, etc. then the factory ROM is fine, anything
    >to get me going.

    Have you tried doing a *hard* reset? -- [Holding down the power
    button, while simultaneously inserting the stylus in the little hole
    on the side]. With luck, this will bring you back to the factory
    state.

    VOH

  4. Re: Help: Ipaq 3635 firmware failed, serial reload not working

    Didn't work, not surprised.

    "Victim Of Hype" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:37:07 -0500, "Robert Bullock"
    > wrote:
    >

    > Have you tried doing a *hard* reset? -- [Holding down the power
    > button, while simultaneously inserting the stylus in the little hole
    > on the side]. With luck, this will bring you back to the factory
    > state.
    >
    > VOH

  5. Re: Re: Help: Ipaq 3635 firmware failed, serial reload not working

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:10:14 -0500, "Robert Bullock"
    wrote:

    >Didn't work, not surprised.

    Looks like you've got a paperweight. Call for a warranty replacement.

    A_C

  6. Re: Re: Help: Ipaq 3635 firmware failed, serial reload not working

    The CF image would probably work, and umm, it's a 3635. Not new.

    "Agent_C" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:10:14 -0500, "Robert Bullock"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Didn't work, not surprised.

    > Looks like you've got a paperweight. Call for a warranty replacement.
    >
    > A_C

+ Reply to Thread