Zire 72 appears 'dead' and won't turn on - Handheld

This is a discussion on Zire 72 appears 'dead' and won't turn on - Handheld ; Just to get this into the search engines, palmOne has apparently determined that there is indeed a bug in the Zire 72's Security app which causes the pda to lockup until the battery has totally drained. Some readers may recall ...

  1. Zire 72 appears 'dead' and won't turn on

    Just to get this into the search engines, palmOne has apparently determined
    that there is indeed a bug in the Zire 72's Security app which causes the
    pda to lockup until the battery has totally drained. Some readers may
    recall this problem being discussed in these newsgroups during the past
    month.

    palmOne has posted an article to the Knowledge Library, Solution ID 9768,
    "Zire 72 appears 'dead' and won't turn on". Find it at
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W....tem,CASE=9768

    Hope this helps!

    Carmine Castiglia
    Get your stuff back for less with StuffBak
    http://www.infosystemspro.com/ilike_004.htm

  2. Re: Zire 72 appears 'dead' and won't turn on

    In article ,
    Carmine Castiglia wrote:

    > Just to get this into the search engines, palmOne has apparently determined
    > that there is indeed a bug in the Zire 72's Security app which causes the
    > pda to lockup until the battery has totally drained

    A timely post for me Carmine! One of ours has done exactly that during a
    Bluetooth Hotsync. I assumed it was just a flat battery, but it won't
    restart. I'll look at the article later thankyou!