modem/Sony UX50 - Handheld

This is a discussion on modem/Sony UX50 - Handheld ; Is there any way of connecting a normal dial up modem to the Sony CLIE PEG UX50. It's all very well having Bluetooth and WIFi but when I'm away in a hotel I want to be able to dial up ...

  1. modem/Sony UX50

    Is there any way of connecting a normal dial up modem to the Sony CLIE PEG
    UX50. It's all very well having Bluetooth and WIFi but when I'm away in a
    hotel I want to be able to dial up the internet from my hotel room and just
    get my messages without having to try to find a WIFI hotspot somewhere in
    the city

  2. Re: modem/Sony UX50

    Jacksy wrote:

    > Is there any way of connecting a normal dial up modem to the Sony CLIE PEG
    > UX50. It's all very well having Bluetooth and WIFi but when I'm away in a
    > hotel I want to be able to dial up the internet from my hotel room and
    > just get my messages without having to try to find a WIFI hotspot
    > somewhere in the city

    While something could probably be attached via the mini USB plug, by the
    time you found a modem that could do that, and drivers, I think you would
    be better off getting a bluetooth capable cell phone and going that route.

    Are wi-fi spots really all that hard to find?

    I LOVE MY UX50!

+ Reply to Thread