Replacing a broken screen on a Palm m500 - Handheld

This is a discussion on Replacing a broken screen on a Palm m500 - Handheld ; I have TWO broken Palm m500s. One just 'died' on me without warning - green light stayed on but nothing else responded to hard or soft resets of any type, until the battery ran down completely. The LCD screen shattered ...

  1. Replacing a broken screen on a Palm m500

    I have TWO broken Palm m500s. One just 'died' on me without warning -
    green light stayed on but nothing else responded to hard or soft
    resets of any type, until the battery ran down completely. The LCD
    screen shattered on the other one, but as far as I know the internal
    workings are OK. My question is: can I transfer the intact screen from
    my first broken m500 to the functioning unit with the broken screen?
    If so, is it difficult? And what tools (special sort of screwdriver,
    I'm guessing) would I need in order to do it?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Sam

  2. Re: Replacing a broken screen on a Palm m500

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:06:26 -0700, Sam Mountford wrote:

    > workings are OK. My question is: can I transfer the intact screenfrom
    > my first broken m500 to the functioning unit with the broken screen? If
    > so, is it difficult? And what tools (special sort of screwdriver, I'm
    > guessing) would I need in order to do it?

    You may find links to instructions: "How to Upgrade, Repair, Disassemble a
    PDA or Handheld PC" at http://tuxmobil.org/disassembly_pda.html

    Werner

    --
    |=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
    |=| T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86
    |*| This is no time for phony rhetoric -- Lou Reed

+ Reply to Thread