Zaurus SL-C860 kismet, vnc, x-compiler tools queries - Handheld

This is a discussion on Zaurus SL-C860 kismet, vnc, x-compiler tools queries - Handheld ; After a few weeks, my sl-c860 arrived, and the job of making it useful has begun. I installed ssh, smbmount, have WiFi going well, but hit a block with kismet, vnc and finding a cross compiler. The kismet download most ...

  1. Zaurus SL-C860 kismet, vnc, x-compiler tools queries

    After a few weeks, my sl-c860 arrived, and the job of making it useful
    has begun. I installed ssh, smbmount, have WiFi going well, but hit a
    block with kismet, vnc and finding a cross compiler.

    The kismet download most sites push requires libpcap 0.7.0 as a .so,
    and I can't find that anywhere. The oldest was 0.7.2, but ipkg fails
    on all copies of that I could find. libpcap 0.8, which might at a
    pinch have worked, doesn't come as a shared library, and the latest
    statically linked arm version of kismet bus errored. Can anyone
    provide pointers to a working combination, or email a working .so
    libpcap?

    VNC allegedly can work with the C series, but trying builds for 5500
    and 5600 don't work correctly, and with the biggest problem being the
    touch screen ceasing to accept input after a reboot. After
    deinstalling and rebooting the Z was working again, but I'm back to
    square one. There was scant info on the VNC forums - has anyone had
    any luck?

    I also searched for cross compilers, but relevant links into the sharp
    developer zone fail, and I didn't reach any conclusions from searching
    elsewhere atm. Can anyone recommend a cross compiler, either just C,
    but preferably c++, running on Linux? Running gcc from a CF or SD card
    (so I can have sources mounted) could work too, but vnc working would
    be pretty helpful in that case.

    All/any hints welcome from anyone who's gone around the loop already!

    n.

  2. Re: Zaurus SL-C860 kismet, vnc, x-compiler tools queries

    http://www.zaurususergroup.com/modul...BB2&file=index

    Ask the hundreds of other owners here at the Zaurus User Group forums.
    Lots of techies here to help.

+ Reply to Thread