warning. avoid HP handhelds(jornada). HP support sucks - Handheld

This is a discussion on warning. avoid HP handhelds(jornada). HP support sucks - Handheld ; After having my palm pilot stolen, I chose to purchase an HP Jornada 720 some time ago.WORST MISTAkE OF MY LIFE. HP no longer supports the jornada series. There are NO updates, and installing software is a waste of time. ...

  1. warning. avoid HP handhelds(jornada). HP support sucks

    After having my palm pilot stolen, I chose to purchase an HP Jornada
    720 some time ago.WORST MISTAkE OF MY LIFE. HP no longer supports the
    jornada series. There are NO updates, and installing software is a
    waste of time. I used to be an HP diehard, but those days are gone
    after very bad experiences with support on HP products.That's why
    there are so many different types of products. HP releases new
    products so that it can eliminate support on its "older" products very
    early in the product life cycle.Don't let HP HYPE control you. Buy
    from a manufacturer who gives better life cycle support on its
    products.

  2. Re: warning. avoid HP handhelds(jornada). HP support sucks

    Good day,

    > After having my palm pilot stolen, I chose to purchase an HP Jornada
    > 720 some time ago.WORST MISTAkE OF MY LIFE. HP no longer supports the
    > jornada series. There are NO updates, and installing software is a
    > waste of time. I used to be an HP diehard, but those days are gone
    > after very bad experiences with support on HP products.That's why
    > there are so many different types of products. HP releases new
    > products so that it can eliminate support on its "older" products very
    > early in the product life cycle.Don't let HP HYPE control you. Buy
    > from a manufacturer who gives better life cycle support on its
    > products.

    What are you talking about? Don't blame your own lack of research
    before buying a product on HP.

    The J720 was released about 5 YEARS ago. HP has stopped supporting it
    for several years as well. You haven't been able to buy the J720 or its
    accessories in retail chains for years.

    As for software, there is plenty of third party HPC 2000 software that
    is compatible with the J720 around. Just do a search on the internet.
    There are whole website sites built around software for the J720.

    Regards,
    Michael Tam

    --
    -------------------------------------
    Michael Tam

  3. Re: warning. avoid HP handhelds(jornada). HP support sucks

    J720
    Born Oct 2001
    Died Oct 2001

    J728
    Born Jun 2002
    Died unk.

    HP was selling these - not many apparently - up to about a year ago,
    in the form of the 728. The 728 is the same as the 720 except 64 MB.

    --
    40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
    GT40 encryption-database toolkit

+ Reply to Thread