hpjornada 720 help, please - Handheld

This is a discussion on hpjornada 720 help, please - Handheld ; ok, i'm at the end of my rope. i've tried to install a bunch of software on my jordana 720. when i try to execute the program, i get an error message that sais "cannot find xxx or one of ...

  1. hpjornada 720 help, please

    ok, i'm at the end of my rope. i've tried to install a bunch of
    software on my jordana 720. when i try to execute the program, i get
    an error message that sais "cannot find xxx or one of its components".
    hp tech support tells me that i should make sure i'm d/l'ing the
    correct version of the software. i've ensured that i have gotten the
    right version, in fact, i've gotten multiple versions to ensure that
    one of them will work. but i keep getting this error message again &
    again. there's got to be something else wrong, other than software
    version. anyone else having this problem on their 720? can anyone
    help me solve this problem, other than dumping the 720 and going back
    to a palm o.s. device. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

  2. Re: hpjornada 720 help, please

    I suggest giving us details for one program:
    where you got it
    how you installed it
    what sort of messages (error _and_ informative) you saw during
    installation

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 07:57:30 -0600, Arthur Allard
    wrote:

    >ok, i'm at the end of my rope. i've tried to install a bunch of
    >software on my jordana 720. when i try to execute the program, i get
    >an error message that sais "cannot find xxx or one of its components".
    >hp tech support tells me that i should make sure i'm d/l'ing the
    >correct version of the software. i've ensured that i have gotten the
    >right version, in fact, i've gotten multiple versions to ensure that
    >one of them will work. but i keep getting this error message again &
    >again. there's got to be something else wrong, other than software
    >version. anyone else having this problem on their 720? can anyone
    >help me solve this problem, other than dumping the 720 and going back
    >to a palm o.s. device. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118