I have just bought a refurbished SMC2642W CompactFlash
Wi-Fi card. It is HW Rev 1.1 (the old Type II card),
FW 1.3.5.

I have not been using the Zaurus SL-5500 lately so I do
not have any critical data on it, so I can choose any ROM
right now. I currently have the Sharp ROM 3.10 (May 8, 2003)
loaded. I can (and probably will) download the latest
OpenZaurus distribution.

Has anyone been using this card with the Zaurus
successfully? If so, what ROM image were you using? Does
anyone one have any suggestions for the best ROM to use
with this card? I have not tried any networking on the
Zaurus beyond the synch software, so I do not know what to
expect.

--
The Moving Target: mobile information technology
http://www.pathcom.com/~jimomura/