LCD Power - Handheld

This is a discussion on LCD Power - Handheld ; Does displaying black or white or any other color on LCD in a mobile device saves power ? Thanks,...

  1. LCD Power

    Does displaying black or white or any other color
    on LCD in a mobile device saves power ?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: LCD Power

    "Ajay" wrote in message
    news:3c1e7540.0402112327.6be0cf99@posting.google.c om...
    > Does displaying black or white or any other color
    > on LCD in a mobile device saves power ?
    >
    > Thanks,

    There's probably a difference but I doubt it's significant - the biggest
    power drain on an LCD display comes from the backlight.

    NK

  3. Re: LCD Power

    Major power consumption is definitely by the backlight.
    But for the phone that i am writing driver for doesnt
    require some part of LCD (probably half of it) many times.

    Read a paper on net saying "white" saved power. But just wanted
    to get second opinion on this.

    Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread