NEC 790 - Handheld

This is a discussion on NEC 790 - Handheld ; An unusual problem with a MobilePro 790. Whenever ANY program is started, the calculator program also starts. Has anybody else seen this malady ? How would I correct this ? Thanks! Dean...

  1. NEC 790

    An unusual problem with a MobilePro 790. Whenever ANY program is
    started, the calculator program also starts. Has anybody else seen
    this malady ? How would I correct this ? Thanks!
    Dean

  2. Re: NEC 790

    >An unusual problem with a MobilePro 790. Whenever ANY program is
    >started, the calculator program also starts. Has anybody else seen
    >this malady ? How would I correct this ? Thanks!
    >Dean

    Have you tried a soft reset?

    Bob G

  3. Re: NEC 790

    bobjames27@aol.com (Bob G) wrote in message news:<20040210083029.20507.00001256@mb-m21.aol.com>...
    > >An unusual problem with a MobilePro 790. Whenever ANY program is
    > >started, the calculator program also starts. Has anybody else seen
    > >this malady ? How would I correct this ? Thanks!
    > >Dean

    > Have you tried a soft reset?
    >
    > Bob G

    Yes, that did not help.

    Interestingly, there is a curious difference in the way this occurs.

    If I double tap any icon with the stylus, the program starts cleanly.
    However, If I highlight any icon then press the "Enter" key, the
    program starts, immediately followed by the calculator program, on
    top. Sometimes the calculator starts, then the program on top.

    Dean

  4. Re: NEC 790

    > Have you tried a soft reset?
    >>
    >> Bob G