Vaio + iPAQ + Bluetooth + Active Sync - one more time. - Handheld

This is a discussion on Vaio + iPAQ + Bluetooth + Active Sync - one more time. - Handheld ; Hi- got a Vaio Z1 and iPAQ 1940 both with Bluetooth. I've been trying to connect them up (succeeded), but can't get ActiveSync to work. I've checked up on google groups search and seen a lot of people with this ...

  1. Vaio + iPAQ + Bluetooth + Active Sync - one more time.

    Hi-

    got a Vaio Z1 and iPAQ 1940 both with Bluetooth. I've been trying to
    connect them up (succeeded), but can't get ActiveSync to work.

    I've checked up on google groups search and seen a lot of people with
    this problem and understand its something to do with Sony's non
    standard Bluetooth implementation.

    Anyway, a couple of questions:

    1. Has ANYONE managed to activesync with Vaio over Bluetooth
    successfully?

    2. Can someone tell me whether the problem is in Sony's hardware or in
    software? the sony Bluetooth driver? What I want to know is if it's
    possible this issue might be resolvable in time or (if it's a hardware
    issue) then I'm just out of luck.

    For the record, I have managed to make a paired connection between the
    vaio and ipaq, so port settings etc fine, but when I try to activesync
    (from the ipaq) I get a 'Device not recognized' screen pop up on the
    Vaio. oh... Vaio is XP Pro.

    Um... what else. have already synced via USB.

    Any help anyone?

    Regards

  2. Re: Vaio + iPAQ + Bluetooth + Active Sync - one more time.

    Hi,

    I am having the same problems trying to sync HP4150 to a Vaio SRX51P/A using
    the Bluetooth.

    All my symptoms are the same as below and equally frustrated.

    Any help?!

    Thanks
    "Jim" wrote in message
    news:5ec40f04.0402010315.64eb7c21@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi-
    >
    > got a Vaio Z1 and iPAQ 1940 both with Bluetooth. I've been trying to
    > connect them up (succeeded), but can't get ActiveSync to work.
    >
    > I've checked up on google groups search and seen a lot of people with
    > this problem and understand its something to do with Sony's non
    > standard Bluetooth implementation.
    >
    > Anyway, a couple of questions:
    >
    > 1. Has ANYONE managed to activesync with Vaio over Bluetooth
    > successfully?
    >
    > 2. Can someone tell me whether the problem is in Sony's hardware or in
    > software? the sony Bluetooth driver? What I want to know is if it's
    > possible this issue might be resolvable in time or (if it's a hardware
    > issue) then I'm just out of luck.
    >
    > For the record, I have managed to make a paired connection between the
    > vaio and ipaq, so port settings etc fine, but when I try to activesync
    > (from the ipaq) I get a 'Device not recognized' screen pop up on the
    > Vaio. oh... Vaio is XP Pro.
    >
    > Um... what else. have already synced via USB.
    >
    > Any help anyone?
    >
    > Regards

  3. Re: Vaio + iPAQ + Bluetooth + Active Sync - one more time.

    It's no joke, it's a Sony *g*

    But now serious: The Sony bluetooth implementation seems to be incompatible
    to almost any non-Sony device. The problem is with the bluetooth stack, not
    the bluetooth hardware.

    "Jim" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:5ec40f04.0402010315.64eb7c21@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi-
    >
    > got a Vaio Z1 and iPAQ 1940 both with Bluetooth. I've been trying to
    > connect them up (succeeded), but can't get ActiveSync to work.
    >
    > I've checked up on google groups search and seen a lot of people with
    > this problem and understand its something to do with Sony's non
    > standard Bluetooth implementation.
    >
    > Anyway, a couple of questions:
    >
    > 1. Has ANYONE managed to activesync with Vaio over Bluetooth
    > successfully?
    >
    > 2. Can someone tell me whether the problem is in Sony's hardware or in
    > software? the sony Bluetooth driver? What I want to know is if it's
    > possible this issue might be resolvable in time or (if it's a hardware
    > issue) then I'm just out of luck.
    >
    > For the record, I have managed to make a paired connection between the
    > vaio and ipaq, so port settings etc fine, but when I try to activesync
    > (from the ipaq) I get a 'Device not recognized' screen pop up on the
    > Vaio. oh... Vaio is XP Pro.
    >
    > Um... what else. have already synced via USB.
    >
    > Any help anyone?
    >
    > Regards

  4. Re: Vaio + iPAQ + Bluetooth + Active Sync - one more time.

    "Gerd Staudenmaier" wrote in message news:...
    > It's no joke, it's a Sony *g*
    >
    > But now serious: The Sony bluetooth implementation seems to be incompatible
    > to almost any non-Sony device. The problem is with the bluetooth stack, not
    > the bluetooth hardware.

    Thank you for your reply.

    Does anyone know if there are any 3rd party bluetooth solutions that
    would work with a sony vaio?

    I don't mind purchasing 3rd party software if it will solve my
    problem.

    Thanks again for all and any replies

  5. Re: Vaio + iPAQ + Bluetooth + Active Sync - one more time.

    "Gerd Staudenmaier" wrote in message news:...
    > It's no joke, it's a Sony *g*
    >
    > But now serious: The Sony bluetooth implementation seems to be incompatible
    > to almost any non-Sony device. The problem is with the bluetooth stack, not
    > the bluetooth hardware.

    Gerd -

    do you know if it is possible to install a generic bluetooth stack on
    a sony vaio? Are there any around?

  6. Re: Vaio + iPAQ + Bluetooth + Active Sync - one more time.

    > do you know if it is possible to install a generic bluetooth stack on
    > a sony vaio? Are there any around?

    As far as I know, this stack is not available in software way.
    Have you tried using another bluetooth device with this sony Vaio ?

+ Reply to Thread