ipaq 1940 battery problem - Handheld

This is a discussion on ipaq 1940 battery problem - Handheld ; Hi I was given one of these nifty things for Christmas - all was well until today when it refused to charge. So I pressed a button on the back which did some kind of reset (can you tell I'm ...

  1. ipaq 1940 battery problem

    Hi
    I was given one of these nifty things for Christmas - all was well
    until today when it refused to charge.
    So I pressed a button on the back which did some kind of reset (can
    you tell I'm blonde!)
    I reset all the regional settings etc and left it charging. I
    disconnected the charger to get a closer look at the screen and it did
    another reset!
    So I left it charging a while longer and then it said it was disabling
    the charging as the battery was overheating.
    Any ideas?
    Bit of a bugger given it's only a month old!

    Many thanks

    lynne

  2. Re: ipaq 1940 battery problem

    lynne baker wrote:
    > Any ideas?

    I had the same problem with mine, it turned out the battery was
    a dude. I brang it to the shop and they changed the battery on the
    spot.

    Davide

    --
    | Windows gives you a nice view of clouds so you can't see any
    | potentially useful boot time messages. -- Bill Hay on
    | alt.sysadmin.recovery

  3. Re: ipaq 1940 battery problem

    yep, definitely take it back to Compaq...it has a 12 mth warranty !

    --

    Cheers,

    Brian Canham
    bcanham@bigpond.net.au
    "Davide Bianchi" wrote in message
    > lynne baker wrote:
    > > Any ideas?

    > I had the same problem with mine, it turned out the battery was
    > a dude. I brang it to the shop and they changed the battery on the
    > spot.
    >
    > Davide
    >
    > --
    > | Windows gives you a nice view of clouds so you can't see any
    > | potentially useful boot time messages. -- Bill Hay on
    > | alt.sysadmin.recovery

+ Reply to Thread