Database application on Windows CE Pocket PC - Handheld

This is a discussion on Database application on Windows CE Pocket PC - Handheld ; Hello, I have a Pocket PC with windows CE 2003. I have downloaded all the SDK and C++. I would like to develop a small database application which can be run from my pocket PC. I would like to have ...

  1. Database application on Windows CE Pocket PC

    Hello,

    I have a Pocket PC with windows CE 2003. I have downloaded all the SDK
    and C++.
    I would like to develop a small database application which can be run
    from my pocket PC. I would like to have a small database on the pocket
    pc with an application which can retrieve information from the
    database. It also has to write back to the database.

    Can anyone advice or give me some examples of code so that I can start
    from there. Ideally I'd like to use VB or Java, but I don't know if I
    can use that on a Pocket PC.

    Many thanks in advance,

    Allan

  2. Re: Database application on Windows CE Pocket PC

    > From: allanmartin@ntlworld.com (Allan Martin)
    > Newsgroups:
    > comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palm tops.pilot,comp.os.ms-window
    > s.ce,comp.programming
    > Date: 28 Jan 2004 07:36:06 -0800
    > Subject: Database application on Windows CE Pocket PC
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Pocket PC with windows CE 2003. I have downloaded all the SDK
    > and C++.
    > I would like to develop a small database application which can be run
    > from my pocket PC. I would like to have a small database on the pocket
    > pc with an application which can retrieve information from the
    > database. It also has to write back to the database.
    >
    > Can anyone advice or give me some examples of code so that I can start
    > from there. Ideally I'd like to use VB or Java, but I don't know if I
    > can use that on a Pocket PC.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance,
    >
    > Allan

    Do I even need to mention that you are in the wrong newsgroup?

  3. Re: Database application on Windows CE Pocket PC

    On 28 Jan 2004 07:36:06 -0800, allanmartin@ntlworld.com (Allan Martin)
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have a Pocket PC with windows CE 2003. I have downloaded all the SDK
    >and C++.
    >I would like to develop a small database application which can be run
    >from my pocket PC. I would like to have a small database on the pocket
    >pc with an application which can retrieve information from the
    >database. It also has to write back to the database.

    Please visit microsoft.public.pocketpc where you are more likely to find
    the answer you need.
    --
    Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.

  4. Re: Database application on Windows CE Pocket PC

    > I would like to develop a small database application which can be run
    > from my pocket PC.

    See www.xdb1.com for a small database for Pocket PCs.

  5. Re: Database application on Windows CE Pocket PC

    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have a Pocket PC with windows CE 2003. I have downloaded all the SDK
    >and C++.
    >I would like to develop a small database application which can be run
    >from my pocket PC. I would like to have a small database on the pocket
    >pc with an application which can retrieve information from the
    >database. It also has to write back to the database.
    >
    >Can anyone advice or give me some examples of code so that I can start
    >from there. Ideally I'd like to use VB or Java, but I don't know if I
    >can use that on a Pocket PC.
    >
    >Many thanks in advance,
    >
    >Allan

    For "simple" database operations there are several "ready-made"
    applications you can use. Data On The Run is the one I have selected
    for my h2215.
    For Palm devices, there are a greater number of much better
    applications. HandBase, Jfile-5 are two of note. There is also
    ThinkBD, which I also use.
    If you are "bent" on writing your own application, I would really like
    to see a database program "clone" of the one found on the hp200lx
    series of palmtops.
    Good luck with what ever you do, and post a "notice" if you create
    something the rest of us might be interested in.

+ Reply to Thread