handwriting recognition quality - Handheld

This is a discussion on handwriting recognition quality - Handheld ; Hi, I'm thinking of buying my first hand held, and I need some help. What systems have good handwriting recognition? I plan to take notes for class on my PDA, so i need something that will be able to handle ...

  1. handwriting recognition quality

    Hi,

    I'm thinking of buying my first hand held, and I need some help.

    What systems have good handwriting recognition? I plan to take notes
    for class on my PDA, so i need something that will be able to handle a
    lot of writing quickly and accuratlly. This is my primary requirement.

    Also, I would like to use 802.11b wireless internet on the PDA.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance,
    Clapham

  2. Re: handwriting recognition quality

    What about handhelds with keyboards. Are they any good for doing lots
    of typing, word processing. I'm thinking of something that will let me
    use more than my thumbs.

    Clapham Omnibus

  3. Re: handwriting recognition quality

    In article ,
    Clapham Omnibus writes:
    >What about handhelds with keyboards. Are they any good for doing lots
    >of typing, word processing. I'm thinking of something that will let me
    >use more than my thumbs.

    You need a true keyboard.

    I'd recommend a psion (5mx). It has a much better word editor than the
    palm or pocket pcs, and an unrivaled autonomy (plus you can carry spare AA
    just in case). You can find it at a good price now, and all the build-in
    apps are excellent, you will not need to buy other ones.

    Its drawbacks:
    * no color screen
    * more bulky than a palm or pocket pc
    * not as easy to develop with (the OS is much more sophisticated than
    windows or palmOS)
    * no wireless
    may not be important for your use.

    Otherwise, go for a palm/clié or pocketpc with an external keyboard such
    as:
    http://www.thinkoutside.com/products/palmxt-oview2.html
    as the mini-keyboards on PDAs other than the psions are a joke.
    You cannot take long notes with any handwriting recognition reliably.

    --
    Colas Nahaboo, http://colas.nahaboo.net

+ Reply to Thread