zeos pocket pc - Handheld

This is a discussion on zeos pocket pc - Handheld ; Hello, is there anyone who still uses this nice "pocket rocket"? How can I use Compact-Flash-Cards with a PCMCIA-CF-Adapter? Don't tell me, it can't function because of Type-I-Slots in the Zeos PPC! The SHARP PC 3000 has a special driver ...

  1. zeos pocket pc

    Hello,

    is there anyone who still uses this nice "pocket rocket"?
    How can I use Compact-Flash-Cards with a PCMCIA-CF-Adapter? Don't tell
    me, it can't function because of Type-I-Slots in the Zeos PPC! The
    SHARP PC 3000 has a special driver and this machine is a
    Typ-I-PCMCIA-Slot-PC, too. Unfortunately, the driver doesn't run on
    the Zeos (as the HP-95LX-Driver, too). The system hangs up when

    Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
    Can you give me some tips for the organizer?
    Have you done incredible things with your organizer?

    I'd like to participate in your experiences.

    All the best,

    Niko.

    >> My real email adress is nikodanielsgmxde <<

  2. Re: zeos pocket pc

    On 27 Jan 2004 11:05:06 -0800, trashspammist@yahoo.de (Niko
    Daniels) wrote:

    >How can I use Compact-Flash-Cards with a PCMCIA-CF-Adapter? Don't tell
    >me, it can't function because of Type-I-Slots in the Zeos PPC!

    I can't help you with a driver for that model. However the Zeos
    was highly similar to a wide range of other models. I list some
    at http://www.ericlindsay.com/palmtop/palmlist.htm

    Try the HP200LX groups and Thaddeus (sp?) for sources of the
    PCMCIA linear flash memory cards for which the builtin Zeos
    drivers are written (they will be pretty small however, typically
    512k to 8MB)

    >Have you done incredible things with your organizer?

    I got a Sharp PC3000 to run a hard drive, using a DOS driver for
    a Trantor Parallel to SCSI adaptor to run an external SCSI hard
    drive. Worked fine. I could manage to make an external SCSI
    CD-ROM work.

    --
    Eric Lindsay http://www.ericlindsay.com/airlie
    Airlie Beach Qld Australia - Great Barrier Reef entry

  3. Re: zeos pocket pc

    Hi Eric!

    > Try the HP200LX groups and Thaddeus (sp?) for sources of the
    > PCMCIA linear flash memory cards for which the builtin Zeos
    > drivers are written (they will be pretty small however, typically
    > 512k to 8MB)

    I explored the site (I think you mean http://www.palmtoppaper.com/),
    but I can't find anything fitting to my problem. Another problem is
    that the HP200LX has PCMCIA-Type-II-slot(s?), ZEOS PPC only Type-I.

    > >Have you done incredible things with your organizer?

    > I got a Sharp PC3000 to run a hard drive, using a DOS driver for
    > a Trantor Parallel to SCSI adaptor to run an external SCSI hard
    > drive. Worked fine. I could manage to make an external SCSI
    > CD-ROM work.

    Interesting! Why don't you describe it on your homepage?

    All the best,

    Niko.

    ---> Email: nikodanielsgmxde <-----

+ Reply to Thread