Canadian Zaurus - Handheld

This is a discussion on Canadian Zaurus - Handheld ; Hey all. Anybody know the best place(s) to get a Zaurus in Canada, or at least in the US to Canada (besides ebay that is)? I'd like to know what the prices are for the SL-5* models (I'd _love_ a ...

  1. Canadian Zaurus

    Hey all. Anybody know the best place(s) to get a Zaurus in Canada, or
    at least in the US to Canada (besides ebay that is)? I'd like to know
    what the prices are for the SL-5* models (I'd _love_ a C7*, but even
    if available, would probably be way out of my price range).

    --
    GROG! \|||/ Chicago law prohibits eating in a place that
    thks -(@ @)- is on fire.

  2. Re: Canadian Zaurus

    GROG! wrote in message news:...
    > Hey all. Anybody know the best place(s) to get a Zaurus in Canada, or
    > at least in the US to Canada (besides ebay that is)? I'd like to know
    > what the prices are for the SL-5* models (I'd _love_ a C7*, but even
    > if available, would probably be way out of my price range).

    www.conics.net sells the c700 for 399 imperial dollars (a little more
    in Canadian). They are good people, my mate's got one of the c700 from
    conics.net.

    The SL-5*00 models you can easily get via amazon.com

  3. Re: Canadian Zaurus

    On 01-26 08:13 CST, Bernhard Mayer wrote:
    >GROG! wrote in message
    >>Hey all. Anybody know the best place(s) to get a Zaurus in Canada,

    >www.conics.net sells the c700 for 399 imperial dollars (a little more
    >in Canadian). They are good people, my mate's got one of the c700
    >from conics.net.

    I took a quick peek. Where are they located? I've never ordered
    anything from overseas before, so I'm a bit hesitant. As well,
    wouldn't waranty's be a *real* hassle?

    >The SL-5*00 models you can easily get via amazon.com

    It's something I'm looking into right now. Unfortunately it looks like
    they only ship within the US. Not incredibly insurmountable (I've got
    American relatives that would probalby lend a hand) and @ this point
    seems a lot easier & safer than international. But then again, a C700
    would be way cooler than a C5600 ... :?)

    thanks for the tip.

    --
    GROG! MMM Anagrams for NetBSD core team: Crested Boatmen
    thks (o o) Resented Combat Boast Decrement Basement DEC

  4. Re: Canadian Zaurus

    > I took a quick peek. Where are they located? I've never ordered

    He's in Japan. Ordered truck loads of stuff from him already - he's
    reliable. What's really nice of him is that he can bid on Yahoo!
    Auctions Japan items for you -- really hard to get stuff you can't find
    in the USA, and get lots of good, used equipment cheap.

    eg. New & Used Japanese Electronic dictionaries far cheaper than they
    carry here in the US. Lots of model they don't even carry here. Lots
    of older computer equipment, Japan CD-ROM maps & software, etc, etc.

    > anything from overseas before, so I'm a bit hesitant. As well,
    > wouldn't waranty's be a *real* hassle?

    Just ship it back to him to send to the manufacturer. He can act as
    a go between.

    Besides, this is a Japan-only model, so if you want the
    latest&greatest, you'll have to do what everyone else with a C-series
    has to do - import one.

    ---

    BTW. Latest SL-C860 model out for $725. Basically, think SL-C760
    with built-in Japanese-English dictionaries with full text translator added.

    ---

    The only other importers of note are: dynamism.com and
    japan-direct.com and users-side.com

+ Reply to Thread