Still having problems with Poqet PC FIle Transfer - Handheld

This is a discussion on Still having problems with Poqet PC FIle Transfer - Handheld ; I recently purchased an original Poqet PC, along with a serial link cable. I carefully studied: General Information about the Poqet PC, the best on the web: http://www.bmason.com/PoqetPC/ Specifically about Making the upload/download Serial Connections http://www.njqrp.org/poqetpc/wj2v%20review.html After trying every combination ...

  1. Still having problems with Poqet PC FIle Transfer

    I recently purchased an original Poqet PC, along with a serial link cable.
    I carefully studied:

    General Information about the Poqet PC, the best on the web:
    http://www.bmason.com/PoqetPC/

    Specifically about Making the upload/download Serial Connections
    http://www.njqrp.org/poqetpc/wj2v%20review.html

    After trying every combination of all of the advice on the second link,
    and failing to make any connections. I get two kinds of result:
    (1) The desktop screen version of PQLINK scrolls up two inches,
    and the PC locks up, requiring a cold boot.
    (2) "Error connecting" message.

  2. Re: Still having problems with Poqet PC FIle Transfer

    I solved this problem. Apparently new computers can't communicate with
    the Poqet PC. I tried the PQLINK on an old 486, and the connection worked.

    "Peter Olcott" wrote in message
    > I recently purchased an original Poqet PC, along with a serial link cable.
    > I carefully studied:
    >
    > General Information about the Poqet PC, the best on the web:
    > http://www.bmason.com/PoqetPC/
    >
    > Specifically about Making the upload/download Serial Connections
    > http://www.njqrp.org/poqetpc/wj2v%20review.html
    >
    > After trying every combination of all of the advice on the second link,
    > and failing to make any connections. I get two kinds of result:
    > (1) The desktop screen version of PQLINK scrolls up two inches,
    > and the PC locks up, requiring a cold boot.
    > (2) "Error connecting" message.

  3. Re: Still having problems with Poqet PC FIle Transfer

    "Peter Olcott" writes:

    > I solved this problem. Apparently new computers can't communicate with
    > the Poqet PC. I tried the PQLINK on an old 486, and the connection worked.

    There's also an _old_ program called zip (predates pkzip) which should
    work on _any_ reasonable computer, see the author's page

    http://users.aol.com/wolffsoft/vde.htm

    You might also want to subscribe to the no-volume Poqet list, see

    http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.d...top/index.html

    That said, pretty much the only volume on that is spam, so maybe
    not...

    Sven
    --
    _ __ The Cognitive Systems Group
    | |/ /___ __ _ ___ University of Hamburg
    | ' |_|\_\___/\__, /__/ fax : +49 (0)40 42883-2572 D-22527 Hamburg
    |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hambu...tcke/home.html

+ Reply to Thread