WTD: Ericsson MC16 (HP360?) manual? - Handheld

This is a discussion on WTD: Ericsson MC16 (HP360?) manual? - Handheld ; Hi, I have just been given an Ericsson MC16 but I have no manual for it. Can anyone suggest where I could get a manual for it or a manual for an HP360 if that is close enough to be ...

  1. WTD: Ericsson MC16 (HP360?) manual?

    Hi,

    I have just been given an Ericsson MC16 but I have no manual for it. Can
    anyone suggest where I could get a manual for it or a manual for an HP360 if
    that is close enough to be useful.

    Thanks for any information.

    John Smith.

  2. Re: Ericsson MC16 (HP360?) manual?

    John,

    Really the manuals are short on content. If you're having specific problems,
    I can help you out as I have a 300 series HP.
    Also take a look around HPC:Factor and some of the other CE sites as you can
    get most of the info you need there.

    If your really desperate, your best bet is HP spare parts services or
    Ericsson support, however I honestly don't think it would be of that much
    use.

    Chris Tilley
    Editor-in-Chief
    HPC:Factor - http://www.hpcfactor.com/

    --

    "John Smith" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just been given an Ericsson MC16 but I have no manual for it. Can
    > anyone suggest where I could get a manual for it or a manual for an HP360

    if
    > that is close enough to be useful.
    >
    > Thanks for any information.
    >
    > John Smith.

  3. Re: WTD: Ericsson MC16 (HP360?) manual?

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:28:10 -0000 "John Smith" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just been given an Ericsson MC16 but I have no manual for it. Can
    > anyone suggest where I could get a manual for it or a manual for an HP360 if
    > that is close enough to be useful.
    >
    > Thanks for any information.

    Darn. I have an MC12 with the dongle but no Ericsson software. It was useless as
    anything but a 320LX, so I've been letting my daughter use it for playing
    solitaire.

    I read this message and dug out the box, but alas... no manual. Just a Windows
    CE manual.

    I'd think that a 360LX manual would be enough for most of its operation, if in
    fact you need it -- the things are pretty intuitive. I was told (by the person
    who gave me the MC12) that operating the phone software would be just as simple.
    Since mine arrived without that software, it's not been an issue.

    OTOH, if somebody had a copy of the software they could spare, that would be
    terriffic.

    Just wish I had a copy of the manual for you.

    ---
    I like my coffee like I like my women -- bitter. It's an acquired taste.

  4. Re: WTD: Ericsson MC16 (HP360?) manual?

    > > I have just been given an Ericsson MC16 but I have no manual for it. Can
    > > anyone suggest where I could get a manual for it or a manual for an

    HP360 if
    > > that is close enough to be useful.

    I take it you tried the Sony site, the FAQ has this as the third question:

    3: My manual for my mobile phone is missing. How can I get a new one?
    To download user manuals for your phone, please go to Sony Ericssonīs Global
    Support Area (under Global links) and type your phone model. Click on User
    guides and select your preferred language.
    www.sonyericsson.com

  5. Re: WTD: Ericsson MC16 (HP360?) manual?

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:07:38 -0000 "Adam S" wrote:

    > > > I have just been given an Ericsson MC16 but I have no manual for it. Can
    > > > anyone suggest where I could get a manual for it or a manual for an

    > HP360 if
    > > > that is close enough to be useful.
    > > >

    > I take it you tried the Sony site, the FAQ has this as the third question:
    >
    > 3: My manual for my mobile phone is missing. How can I get a new one?
    > To download user manuals for your phone, please go to Sony Ericssonīs Global
    > Support Area (under Global links) and type your phone model. Click on User
    > guides and select your preferred language.
    > www.sonyericsson.com

    Since he's looking for a manual for the MC16, I'm not sure that will help.

    The MC12 and MC16 are not Ericsson phones. They're HPCs with special software
    and dongles that enable them to hook into Ericsson phones and, presumably, do
    Neat Stuff with them. Like, I'd hope, synchronize things like phone books. The
    MC12 and MC16 are 320LX and 360LX HPCs, respectively. I don't know about the
    MC16, but the MC12 has a slightly modified ROM (comes up with the Ericsson logo,
    at very least) and a black case (the standard 320LX is more of a charcoal grey)
    branded as Ericsson.

    The dongle I have plugs into my wife's Ericsson phone at one end and the 320LX
    serial port at the other, but since I don't have the software, it doesn't
    actually do anything.

    Apparently, support for these gadgets is non-existent. I did look. If anybody
    has a support link that I missed, I'd appreciate it.

    ---
    There is no little enemy. -Benjamin Franklin

  6. Re: WTD: Ericsson MC16 (HP360?) manual?

    I have Mobile Companion 2.2.0 and 3.1.1 for ce2 and 1.2.0 for ce1 on the
    HPC:Factor server as well as a couple of other bits for the mc16 and mc12.

    E-mail me through the site if the files would be what your looking for. I'll
    provide you with download links.

    --

    wrote:

    Can

    > > HP360 if
    > > > >

    > > I take it you tried the Sony site, the FAQ has this as the third

    question:

    > > 3: My manual for my mobile phone is missing. How can I get a new

    one?
    > > To download user manuals for your phone, please go to Sony Ericssonīs

    Global
    > > Support Area (under Global links) and type your phone model. Click on

    User
    > > guides and select your preferred language.
    > > www.sonyericsson.com
    > >

    > Since he's looking for a manual for the MC16, I'm not sure that will help.
    >
    > The MC12 and MC16 are not Ericsson phones. They're HPCs with special

    software
    > and dongles that enable them to hook into Ericsson phones and, presumably,

    do
    > Neat Stuff with them. Like, I'd hope, synchronize things like phone books.

    The
    > MC12 and MC16 are 320LX and 360LX HPCs, respectively. I don't know about

    the
    > MC16, but the MC12 has a slightly modified ROM (comes up with the Ericsson

    logo,
    > at very least) and a black case (the standard 320LX is more of a charcoal

    grey)
    > branded as Ericsson.
    >
    > The dongle I have plugs into my wife's Ericsson phone at one end and the

    320LX
    > serial port at the other, but since I don't have the software, it doesn't
    > actually do anything.
    >
    > Apparently, support for these gadgets is non-existent. I did look. If

    anybody
    > has a support link that I missed, I'd appreciate it.
    >
    > ---
    > There is no little enemy. -Benjamin Franklin

  7. Re: WTD: Ericsson MC16 (HP360?) manual?

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:40:55 -0000 "Chris Tilley - HPC:Factor"
    wrote:

    > I have Mobile Companion 2.2.0 and 3.1.1 for ce2 and 1.2.0 for ce1 on the
    > HPC:Factor server as well as a couple of other bits for the mc16 and mc12.
    >
    > E-mail me through the site if the files would be what your looking for. I'll
    > provide you with download links.

    Will do, thanks.

    ---
    God grants liberty only to those who love it and are always ready to guard and defend it. -Daniel Webster

+ Reply to Thread