Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose - Handheld

This is a discussion on Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose - Handheld ; Hello Sirjo, Go here: http://www.daniel-hertrich.de/repair/#hinge The site also has instructions on how to open up the hinge (hard to put back together), etc. Most of us who can't live without their 200LX have bought spares whilst they are still available. ...

  1. Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose

    Hello Sirjo,

    Go here:
    http://www.daniel-hertrich.de/repair/#hinge
    The site also has instructions on how to open up the hinge (hard to put back
    together), etc.

    Most of us who can't live without their 200LX have bought spares whilst they
    are still available. Spoilt ones are cannibalised as spare parts to keep
    the current one going (just like space shuttles). What use to cost US$600+
    can now be bought at half the price for a relatively new one or about $150
    for a used one.

    As for Thaddues the US$120 charges, besides repairing the hinge, I find that
    they'll also repair anything else that can be repaired/replace like battery
    covers... After being in their hands, the palmtop would be as good as new.

    But better a loose hinge than a totally broken one, else it'll look like
    this:
    http://leewm.freeshell.org/200lx/brokenhinge.htm

    rgds
    weemeng

  2. Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose

    "wee-meng lee" writes:
    > Spoilt ones are cannibalised as spare parts to keep
    > the current one going (just like space shuttles).

    Which space shuttles are being cannibalized as spare parts to keep the
    other ones going?

  3. Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose

    "Eric Smith" wrote in message
    > Which space shuttles are being cannibalized as spare parts to keep the
    > other ones going?

    there's quite a few references of it in google written from different points
    of view.
    the key words that i used were: "space shuttle cannibalized parts"
    here's one that's very similar to what i read months ago ...
    http://www.spacetoday.org/History/Sp...Factoids4.html
    "Columbia was cannibalized for spare parts to get Discovery and Atlantis to
    space in 1988. Then Columbia was refurbished and launched in 1989."

    i think if u change the spelling to "cannibalised", u'll get the british
    write ups.

+ Reply to Thread