Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose - Handheld

This is a discussion on Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose - Handheld ; In article , sirjo_le@yahoo.it says... > I am mad at HP: you can not build a device so weak mechanically; > > You're kidding, right? HOw old is this thing and you are mad because a spring in the hinge ...

  1. Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose

    In article ,
    sirjo_le@yahoo.it says...
    > I am mad at HP: you can not build a device so weak mechanically;

    You're kidding, right? HOw old is this thing and you are mad because a
    spring in the hinge finally, FINALLY broke. Nothing lasts forever. I'm
    sorry for your loss but ...

  2. Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose

    Grant Robertson wrote in message news:...
    > In article ,
    > sirjo_le@yahoo.it says...
    > > I am mad at HP: you can not build a device so weak mechanically;
    > >

    > You're kidding, right? HOw old is this thing and you are mad because a
    > spring in the hinge finally, FINALLY broke. Nothing lasts forever. I'm
    > sorry for your loss but ...

    No, I am not kidding, I made a VERY light use of the machine, as I said,
    always on the desk, often continuously open to avoid to stress the infamous
    hinge; in the last 3 years always at home while I was travelling the world
    with the printouts and used only every 4 or 5 months to update the data.

    Moreover I spent more than 800$ to buy it and hp let down its customers,
    first by not releasing any upgrade, sencond by stopping the maintenance.
    If I send the machine to Thaddeus from Europe I spend more than 200$ (I
    asked a quotation to Thaddeus taking into account that there is only the
    loose hinge problem but they did not even answer to me, after almost 2
    weeks).

    I will never buy again ANY HP product. Now I will buy a cheap Zire 21,
    and if I manage to find a good database which I like and to properly
    transfer all my data I am out forever from hp and microsoft rubbish.

    Thanks to all the people who answered

    Sergio

  3. Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose

    Sirjo Lee wrote:

    > Grant Robertson wrote in message
    > > In article ,
    > > sirjo_le@yahoo.it says...
    > > > I am mad at HP: you can not build a device so weak mechanically;
    > > >

    > > You're kidding, right? HOw old is this thing and you are mad
    > > because a spring in the hinge finally, FINALLY broke. Nothing lasts
    > > forever. I'm sorry for your loss but ...

    > No, I am not kidding, I made a VERY light use of the machine, as I
    > said, always on the desk, often continuously open to avoid to stress
    > the infamous hinge; in the last 3 years always at home while I was
    > travelling the world with the printouts and used only every 4 or 5
    > months to update the data.
    >
    > Moreover I spent more than 800$ to buy it and hp let down its
    > customers, first by not releasing any upgrade, sencond by stopping
    > the maintenance. If I send the machine to Thaddeus from Europe I
    > spend more than 200$ (I asked a quotation to Thaddeus taking into
    > account that there is only the loose hinge problem but they did not
    > even answer to me, after almost 2 weeks).
    >
    > I will never buy again ANY HP product. Now I will buy a cheap Zire
    > 21, and if I manage to find a good database which I like and to
    > properly transfer all my data I am out forever from hp and microsoft
    > rubbish.
    >
    > Thanks to all the people who answered
    >
    > Sergio

    For a good database, I suggest SmartList To Go.

  4. Re: HP200 LX screen hinge internally loose

    In article , Sirjo Lee
    writes
    >I will never buy again ANY HP product. Now I will buy a cheap Zire 21,
    >and if I manage to find a good database which I like and to properly
    >transfer all my data I am out forever from hp and microsoft rubbish.

    My first HP200LX lasted quite a while, but eventually the case cracked
    by the hinge.

    I had it repaired by HP: the new one had a very stiff hinge which lasted
    14 months - just out of guarantee.

    I had a succession of chargers, each one lasting just long enough to be
    out of guarantee, until I gave up and used disposable batteries.

    I have also given up and moved to a Treo - DateBk5 and the address book
    are better than HP's, but my DOS home-brew programs are just
    irreplaceable and spreadsheets are a joke on the minute screen.

    I agree with your comment on HP - they used to be dear but good: now
    they are dear and bad. If the HP200LX had been upgraded to follow the
    general market improvement it would be a winner, but HP decided they
    didn't need their established customers.
    --
    Neville

+ Reply to Thread