I left my Palm V unused for some months. It was dead when I tried to
use it again. I have recharged it but it is behaving oddly - freezes
on the Palm logo and will not power off, nor will the contrast button
work. I have managed at times to get it back to what appears normal
(goes to the regular menu and programs appear to work) but it will not
power off. I have tried a soft reset and also "warm" (reset + up key)
and that does not help. I have tried a hard reset (reset + power key)
but that does not work (the power key seems to be disabled). Any
suggestions?