PDA Closetware? - Handheld

This is a discussion on PDA Closetware? - Handheld ; Hi All, What software do you keep on your PDA / Handheld device that you just want, but never really use? Kind of like, you need to make a "Closet" Category. Regards, Byron Collins...

  1. PDA Closetware?

    Hi All,

    What software do you keep on your PDA / Handheld
    device that you just want, but never really use?

    Kind of like, you need to make a "Closet" Category.

    Regards,
    Byron Collins

  2. Re: PDA Closetware?

    Good day,

    My "closet" category would probably include an MP3 player, a few games and a
    screenshot program. In my day to day use of my Handheld PC, I never use these
    programs, but I have then on it anyway.

    Regards,
    Michael Tam

    ------------------------
    Michael Tam
    email: vitualis (at) michaeltam.com
    webpage: http://www.michaeltam.com

    ----------
    "Byron Collins" wrote...

    > Hi All,
    >
    > What software do you keep on your PDA / Handheld
    > device that you just want, but never really use?
    >
    > Kind of like, you need to make a "Closet" Category.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Byron Collins

  3. Re: PDA Closetware?

    On my Palm TRGpro, I have an application named "Autopond" which I have
    only used once... when I bought my Kyocera 6035.
    On my pocketpc, there are several applications which come with it
    which I do not use as they don't work correctly...
    1.) Calendar - It fails to launch alarms on time and usually looses
    records at Activesync time. (unreliable bug-ware)
    2.) PocketIE - Produces _many_ "script errors" and fails to allow you
    to see page sources to even begin to understand what's happening...
    ever try to build a web page for PocketIE? Don't waste your time.
    3.) windows Media Player - Just about useless... unless you are
    married to M$.
    On my hp200lx, there are no unused applications, memory in the older
    operating systems was at a premium so you just don't waste space there
    like you do in today's products.

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:10:26 -0800, "Byron Collins"
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >What software do you keep on your PDA / Handheld
    >device that you just want, but never really use?
    >
    >Kind of like, you need to make a "Closet" Category.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Byron Collins

  4. Re: PDA Closetware?

    Most of my 'closet' programs that I have on my T|T are there on the
    off chance that I may want to use them some day and won't have the
    ability to install them. I rarely use Docs2Go, but I leave it
    installed just in case. And I have WebPro browser and an AIM chat
    client installed as well, which I hardly ever use and probably just
    keep on there for the geek factor of being able to surf the net on a
    Palm device.

    "Byron Collins" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > What software do you keep on your PDA / Handheld
    > device that you just want, but never really use?
    >
    > Kind of like, you need to make a "Closet" Category.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Byron Collins

  5. Re: PDA Closetware?

    Byron Collins wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > What software do you keep on your PDA / Handheld
    > device that you just want, but never really use?

    MPlayer. No fun watching movies on a PDA....

    --
    Ralph Miguel Froehlich

+ Reply to Thread