New pda owner doesn't understand - Handheld

This is a discussion on New pda owner doesn't understand - Handheld ; Hello, I am hoping someone can advise me which card to buy for my Dell Axim 5 please. It was a Christmas present, mainly for navigation [Tomtom] I know I need more storage, and am advised it will take either ...

  1. New pda owner doesn't understand

    Hello, I am hoping someone can advise me which card to buy for my Dell Axim
    5 please. It was a Christmas present, mainly for navigation [Tomtom] I know
    I need more storage, and am advised it will take either Secure Digital or
    Compact Flash, I have tried to find out which is preferable, but have not
    come to any conclusions - yet! This is where you come in, can anyone give
    this dunce some support please?
    Many thanks to the one to explain in understandable English, Barbara

  2. Re: New pda owner doesn't understand

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:26:38 -0000, "a5-bnc"
    wrote:

    >Hello, I am hoping someone can advise me which card to buy for my Dell Axim
    >5 please. It was a Christmas present, mainly for navigation [Tomtom] I know
    >I need more storage, and am advised it will take either Secure Digital or
    >Compact Flash, I have tried to find out which is preferable, but have not
    >come to any conclusions - yet! This is where you come in, can anyone give
    >this dunce some support please?
    >Many thanks to the one to explain in understandable English, Barbara

    you can use either for extra memory
    however if you are planning on using tomtom navigator the gps
    unit will (usually) plug in to the cf socket so you would be better
    using sd for more memory
    also the maps usually go on an sd card
    stan

+ Reply to Thread