Axim bootloader found!!!!!!!!! - Handheld

This is a discussion on Axim bootloader found!!!!!!!!! - Handheld ; quoted from aximsite! "you can restore the flash by copying the A04H-06140301.RIS (or how your ROM file is called) to the root directory of your CompactFlash card, rename it to have .IMG extension and then reboot by pressing "Contacts", "Scroll ...

  1. Axim bootloader found!!!!!!!!!

    quoted from aximsite!

    "you can restore the flash by copying the A04H-06140301.RIS (or how
    your ROM file is called) to the root directory of your CompactFlash
    card, rename it to have .IMG extension and then reboot by pressing
    "Contacts", "Scroll lever push until it clicks" and "Reset" together,
    then release "Reset" (but keep the other two keys pressed). A special
    bootloader will start which will flash your Axim with the ROM file
    from CF."

  2. Re: Axim bootloader found!!!!!!!!!

    I have tried this procedure, and confirmed it works. Why is dell so
    tight-lipped about this info. The support from Dell Is soooo bad, oh
    well.

    link to the article, an AMAZING find. Thanks to All..........

    http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showt...5&pagenumber=1

    pat2k8@yahoo.ca (p) wrote in message news:<124e5f30.0312312119.3f0ba1ba@posting.google.com>...
    > quoted from aximsite!
    >
    > "you can restore the flash by copying the A04H-06140301.RIS (or how
    > your ROM file is called) to the root directory of your CompactFlash
    > card, rename it to have .IMG extension and then reboot by pressing
    > "Contacts", "Scroll lever push until it clicks" and "Reset" together,
    > then release "Reset" (but keep the other two keys pressed). A special
    > bootloader will start which will flash your Axim with the ROM file
    > from CF."

+ Reply to Thread