How to Sync Contacts? Also Where to Find Games? - Handheld

This is a discussion on How to Sync Contacts? Also Where to Find Games? - Handheld ; What program do I use by MS (Win XP) to enter contact information (Name, number, pager #) so that I can sync it with my PDA? And, what is a good site for games to play on Pocket PC 2003? ...

  1. How to Sync Contacts? Also Where to Find Games?

    What program do I use by MS (Win XP) to enter contact information
    (Name, number, pager #) so that I can sync it with my PDA?

    And, what is a good site for games to play on Pocket PC 2003? (Toshiba
    e350)? I'd really like Tetris and Mahjong (or the sharware generic
    versions.) I'm not even sure what it availible for game play on th
    PPC so if someone could suggest something, I'd be most greatful.
    I added a 256meg SD card so I do believe size is an issue (or is it.)
    And just for my info, how complicated a game can be played on the PPC?
    It has a 300mhz processer and I know that when I had a 300mhz DeskTop
    Computer I had much less then 256megs RAM and yet I played some pretty
    cool games. And the PPC seems slower then a 300 mhz computer.

    ANY PPC facts out there?
    I have noticed some games in a MIPS.Zip format and some other format
    (SH3?) What is up with this?

    ID

  2. Re: How to Sync Contacts? Also Where to Find Games?

    On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 15:57:45 -0500, Irving Drinkwine
    wrote:

    >What program do I use by MS (Win XP) to enter contact information
    >(Name, number, pager #) so that I can sync it with my PDA?

    Given Windows and PocketPC both use Microsoft operating systems,
    I'd imagine a Microsoft contact program (such as Outlook) would
    be suitable for syncing.

    >I have noticed some games in a MIPS.Zip format and some other format
    >(SH3?) What is up with this?

    Earlier versions of WindowsCE (and possible PocketPC) ran on a
    variety of different CPUs, including MIPS and the SH3. Current
    models are all variations on the ARM CPU. Your game must be
    compiled to match your CPU. Some games would have included
    versions for several different CPUs.

    --
    Eric Lindsay http://www.ericlindsay.com/guff
    Airlie Beach Qld Australia - Great Barrier Reef entry

+ Reply to Thread