battery usage while turned off?? - Handheld

This is a discussion on battery usage while turned off?? - Handheld ; Hi, three days ago i got a new ASUS 620 bt. Yesterday evening i turned it off, put it in the case and left it on my table. Battery charge was about 70%. On the next morning i tried to ...

  1. battery usage while turned off??

    Hi,
    three days ago i got a new ASUS 620 bt. Yesterday evening i turned it
    off, put it in the case and left it on my table. Battery charge was
    about 70%.
    On the next morning i tried to turn on the handheld. Nothing happened.
    I put it in the cradle and it started. Whatever with the reset screen
    and the time/datum was reset, too. All my data were lost...
    I assume the most likely reason is that the battery is empty.

    How can this happen if the device was turned off?

    Is it likely that the batter is deffekt?

  2. Re: battery usage while turned off??

    I don't believe off is off. Kind of like turning your computer off, it's not
    off. The clocks are still running and that takes current. But your
    suspicions about the battery is probably a good one.

    --
    Don
    --------

    "Gorm" wrote in message
    news:a293d672.0312260303.55dab4f7@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    > three days ago i got a new ASUS 620 bt. Yesterday evening i turned it
    > off, put it in the case and left it on my table. Battery charge was
    > about 70%.
    > On the next morning i tried to turn on the handheld. Nothing happened.
    > I put it in the cradle and it started. Whatever with the reset screen
    > and the time/datum was reset, too. All my data were lost...
    > I assume the most likely reason is that the battery is empty.
    >
    > How can this happen if the device was turned off?
    >
    > Is it likely that the batter is deffekt?

    ---

  3. Re: battery usage while turned off??

    IC

    anyone knows a way to test the battery out?

    "Don Schmidt" Engineer@PNB.usa> wrote in message news:...
    > I don't believe off is off. Kind of like turning your computer off, it's not
    > off. The clocks are still running and that takes current. But your
    > suspicions about the battery is probably a good one.
    >

    > --
    > Don
    > --------
    > Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in
    > America!

+ Reply to Thread