LG Phenom still available? - Handheld

This is a discussion on LG Phenom still available? - Handheld ; Does anyone know if the LG Phenom is still available or being made? LG don't seem to know! If not, does anyone know of a similar another H/PC of a similar spec and size made by anyone else. It's frustrating ...

  1. LG Phenom still available?

    Does anyone know if the LG Phenom is still available or being made? LG
    don't seem to know!
    If not, does anyone know of a similar another H/PC of a similar spec and
    size made by anyone else.

    It's frustrating as I'm trying to replace my old Phenom which has given up
    the ghost.....

    Mark

  2. Re: LG Phenom still available?

    >Does anyone know if the LG Phenom is still available or being made? LG
    >don't seem to know!
    >If not, does anyone know of a similar another H/PC of a similar spec and
    >size made by anyone else.

    Try eBay
    Bob G

  3. Re: LG Phenom still available?

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:19:00 -0000, "MFR"
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if the LG Phenom is still available or being made? LG
    >don't seem to know!

    I _think_ LG is part of Phillips, and I'm quite sure Phillips stopped
    supporting CE 2-3 years ago.

    >If not, does anyone know of a similar another H/PC of a similar spec and
    >size made by anyone else.

    Chris De Herrera's web site has a list of devices similar to the
    Phenom:
    http://www.cewindows.net/wce/20/wcetech.htm
    It also has a list of HPC 2000s:
    http://www.cewindows.net/wce/30/HPC2000Comparison.htm
    I'm quite sure HP is no longer producing theirs. The others are a bit
    larger, and I'm not sure about their availability. Several companies
    (including DAP and Husky/Itronix) make industrial Windows CE computers
    with 240x640 screens, but they are bulkier and more expensive.

    Much as I like the HPC form, the evidence is pretty clear that no one
    thinks they are worth making for the retail market.

    >It's frustrating as I'm trying to replace my old Phenom which has given up
    >the ghost.....
    >
    >Mark

    Robert E. Zaret
    PenFact, Inc.