Sync problems with a HP Jornanda 820 - Handheld

This is a discussion on Sync problems with a HP Jornanda 820 - Handheld ; I have a HP Jornada 820 notebook PDA, whilst I appreciate is a few years old, it suits me when I am on the road, and need to type letters, reports etc. However I have recently found I cannot sysc ...

  1. Sync problems with a HP Jornanda 820

    I have a HP Jornada 820 notebook PDA, whilst I appreciate is a few years
    old, it suits me when I am on the road, and need to type letters, reports
    etc.

    However I have recently found I cannot sysc with my desktop PC using Active
    Sync. I have upgraded Active Sync to 3.7, but have also tried reloading back
    to version 3.5.

    Can anyone advise if this is a known problem, or has my 820 reached its sell
    by date?

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Regards
    Tony in London
    ajcamp@btinternet.com

  2. Re: Sync problems with a HP Jornanda 820

    "tony campbell" wrote in message
    > I have a HP Jornada 820 notebook PDA, whilst I appreciate is a few years
    > old, it suits me when I am on the road, and need to type letters, reports
    > etc.
    >
    > However I have recently found I cannot sysc with my desktop PC using

    Active
    > Sync. I have upgraded Active Sync to 3.7, but have also tried reloading

    back
    > to version 3.5.

    SNIP

    Hi, Tony - how do you connect to our desktop, Serial, USB ... have you
    checked the Connection Settings in ActiveSync and confirmed everything is
    OK. When you connect, even though it doesn't sync, do you get a connection
    as a guest or nothing at all. What OS are you using on your desktop - if
    you're syncing via Serial or USB port - have you checked that the port is
    working properly on your desktop?

    But I sure wouldn't get rid of my 820 just for that ... ActiveSync was
    working before, there is no reason why it shouldn't work now. ActiveSync
    sometimes acts up following a software installation, a system crash or
    premature disconnection from the host ... Hope this helps!

    Cheers!

    Uncle Ben

  3. Re: Sync problems with a HP Jornanda 820

    >However I have recently found I cannot sysc with my desktop PC using Active
    >Sync. I have upgraded Active Sync to 3.7, but have also tried reloading back
    >to version 3.5.

    A soft reset sometimes works magic. Save your work first.

    Bob G

+ Reply to Thread